Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Anelka - A Massive Mistake!

Guest TonyCee

I like the look of Anelka because he is comfortable on the ball, I can't believe people are slating him already. He had a great game for France a couple of weeks ago and he needs to settle into our team, what is wrong with that. The cream always rises to the top. He is a class player.

Guest The Special One
He WILL score next week.......FACT!

kin el.

even I would score next week you scouse c??nt

BTW how much shall I order in Dam????

despite anelka being piss poor against man u and wigan think he is still bedding in, lets face it our distribution from back to front is mediocre at best, we somehow need to add more quality passers into the team, we have a back 4 who are all pretty uncomfortable on the ball and a midfield devoid of flair, so i dont think it is fair to blame anelka just yet.

Disagree entirely with this. Granted, very frustrating against Wigan, against United he was our best player I thought. Made Neville look abysmal, and I???d still say Neville is the best right back in England.

Anelka and Ben Haim were the only players to get the better of the players they were up against, based on their position.

Ben Haim kept Ronaldo quiet apart from his goal, and Anelka sometimes ran Neville ragged, and looked more interested thant I suspected he would.

IMO the ball just simply isn???t dropping for Anelka. Granted he???s missed a couple of chances and half chances, but he tears apart some teams with his runs, and simply seems to miss out on the last man.

I never thought he???d get more than 10-12 goals a season however.

Disagree entirely with this. Granted, very frustrating against Wigan, against United he was our best player I thought. Made Neville look abysmal, and I???d still say Neville is the best right back in England.

Anelka and Ben Haim were the only players to get the better of the players they were up against, based on their position.

Ben Haim kept Ronaldo quiet apart from his goal, and Anelka sometimes ran Neville ragged, and looked more interested thant I suspected he would.

IMO the ball just simply isn???t dropping for Anelka. Granted he???s missed a couple of chances and half chances, but he tears apart some teams with his runs, and simply seems to miss out on the last man.

I never thought he???d get more than 10-12 goals a season however.

i must stop drinking at matches if indeed Anelka ran Neville ragged because i cannot remember it.

Whilst watching the wigan game when anelka missed the only chance he got all game, i had a heated discussion with a fellow bolton fan as he seemed to think we would be better off with heskey than anelka, he said that at city he would of buried that chance and because he didn't score for us we should get rid, my argument was that when he was at city he was getting 5 or 6 chances like that a game and more often than not would score one of those chances, we give him one chance every game pretty much and i don't think we even did that at bramall lane and people are expecting goals off him, if a striker has no service you cannot expect him to score its that simple, creating one chance for him a game when his confidance is low just isn't good enough for me , we need somone who can create in midfield if people want to see anelka scoring and to support him unlike some clown on saturday singing "What a waste of money" who sings that about one of there own players, he rightly got a lot of abuse from myself and others around me. Keep faith if we get a creative midfielder who can give anelka clear cut chances he will get 15 or thereabouts this season

i must stop drinking at matches if indeed Anelka ran Neville ragged because i cannot remember it.

Maybe I'm overstepping the mark by saying that he ran him ragged, but he seemed to beat him almost every time he got the ball. Neville was their worst player, and that was largely down to Anelka's ability on the ball.

Apart from his performances at Newcastle and Rovers, his performance against United is up there as one of his most efficient.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.