Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Campo Last Night

tkonion

I can't believe some of the negative comments about Campo's performance on Wednesday night,the guy was dead on his feet for the last twenty minutes of the game but never stopped trying.The fact is that we where up against one of the youngest,fastest sides in europe and we had a severe handicap due to the age of our players compared to theirs,but for me Campo epitomised the spirit in our current squad.

I'm proud of every Bolton player who represented us last night but nobody gave more than the fluffy haired one.

When he dived in the box to try and cheat the ref, it just about sums the bloke up. It was so predictable from Campo. If he had gone for the ball we could have had a goalscoring opportunity. He should be fined a weeks wages.

You can have all the talent in the world, but he has that foreign cheating attitude were he would rather go for the man instead of the ball even in dangerous positions. He would rather give a player a nudge in the back and risk giving a free kick rather than just go straight into a fair challenge. He was also the player that dived the most last season in the premiership in the Opta Stats.

He enjoys playing to the crowd and is quick to blame others for his mistakes.

Apart from that, I like him :good:

Got to bear in mind he had a flu bug over the weekend.

Imagine trying to run for 120 minutes against youngsters half his age,

when probably not fully fit !!

One things for sure he would have took a yellow card (if he hadn't already been booked)

that Tal or Speed should have done when that guy danced through to set up Freddie.

Campo is a quality player, but I agree with Zozzy - the dive that got him booked, wasted a

great opportunity.

Got to bear in mind he had a flu bug over the weekend.

Imagine trying to run for 120 minutes against youngsters half his age,

when probably not fully fit !!

One things for sure he would have took a yellow card (if he hadn't already been booked)

that Tal or Speed should have done when that guy danced through to set up Freddie.

Campo is a quality player, but I agree with Zozzy - the dive that got him booked, wasted a

great opportunity.

I don't blame Campo - he should never be played in a back four. He makes me look quick.

But to be fair to Sam his options were minimal to zero.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.