Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Best Free Anti Virus/malware Software!

Danny G

I have a pretty nasty virus that I cannot shift from my PC, Tried AVG, Malwarebytes, Avast and a-squared, they cannot seem to get shot of it, Now I dont really want to pay for a top notch one, do any of you geeks know of some other good free ones I can try??

Thanks

Edited by Danny G

I have a pretty nasty virus that I cannot shift from my PC, Tried AVG, Malwarebytes, Avast and a-squared, they cannot seem to get shot of it, Now I dont really want to pay for a top notch one, do any of you geeks know of some other good free ones I can try??

Thanks

go to scan you can get kaspersky for around 12 quid, dont mess around with free stuff, thats how you got it in the first place. I used to do that but not anymore scan themselves use kaspersky so thats good enough for me.

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Kaspersky-Internet-Security-2010-%28v9%29-UK-Edition-1-Year-1-User-OEM-Edition

• Site Supporter

go to scan you can get kaspersky for around 12 quid, dont mess around with free stuff, thats how you got it in the first place. I used to do that but not anymore scan themselves use kaspersky so thats good enough for me.

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Kaspersky-Internet-Security-2010-%28v9%29-UK-Edition-1-Year-1-User-OEM-Edition

See, with all due respect that there is bollocks.

Anybody who pays for antivirus software wants their bonces feeling in my opinion.

What Barry & Cassie said. The only time I've had issues with viruses I was using works laptop who used kaspersky iirc.

Free avast has always been bob on for me. Infact, they kindly told me earlier today they'd bloked a trojan, which I thought was nice of them.

See, with all due respect that there is bollocks.

Anybody who pays for antivirus software wants their bonces feeling in my opinion.

So if you have a virus, and the free shit don't work, what other options are there apart from re-installing ?

Or am I missing your point as in, don't pay and download the full software from one of them there naughty sites ?

• Site Supporter

So if you have a virus, and the free shit don't work, what other options are there apart from re-installing ?

Or am I missing your point as in, don't pay and download the full software from one of them there naughty sites ?

If you get a particular cunt of a virus then odds are your not the first, put the symptoms in google and have a quick read, the method of removing it will be there.

Also your second point is totally valid.

I use nod32 and have never had a problem and most of the folk on the geek forums I use also use the same.

(tell a lie, I did have a problem once, I ran an exe which nod32 stopped and told me not to run, I told nod32 to fuck off I knew what I was doing. Barry 0 - 1 Machine. I've not done that since as it was one of them cunty ones aswell.)