Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Spain V Swiss

Latham8WFC

I knew you would be like that. Portugal were terrible yesterday, at least Spain created loads of good play and had chances and could have been 4-0 up before Switzerland scored. against a team that actually try and play football, Spain should take them apart with their passing game. Brazil struggled against North Korea.

I'm glad in a way though, because if Brazil play Spain, one of the top 2 faves is going out early.

::lol::

I'm done wasting my time with you now.

• Site Supporter

they still have honduras and chile to play.

True but going off recent games and the fact most teams seem to be struggling to score, i'm predicting....

Chile v Spain (draw)

Chile v Swiss (draw)

Spain v Honduras (Spain Win)

Honduras v Swiss (draw)

Chile 5 pts

Swiss 5 pts

Spain 4 pts

Honduras 1 pt

Guest Frandsen08

True but going off recent games and the fact most teams seem to be struggling to score, i'm predicting....

Chile v Spain (draw)

Chile v Swiss (draw)

Spain v Honduras (Spain Win)

Honduras v Swiss (draw)

Chile 5 pts

Swiss 5 pts

Spain 4 pts

Honduras 1 pt

wishful thinking that mate, but stranger things have happened, the first nervy games are out of the way and i except more open games now.

It was certainly a game for the neutrals.

:hi:

It was :D -& finally I enjoyed the coverage of a game. Thank you to ,of all people , Mick McCarthy for calmly & intelligently summing up the game using gentle humour & keeping quiet when there was nothing to say.

It's not difficult, but it showed up Johnathon Pearce ,who tries to cover his lack of understanding by shouting hysterically or inventing controversy.....& even he's better than those two twats Tyldsley & Drury.

• Members

No surprises for me. Backed Uruguay to win their game and not surprised to see the perennial chokers do what they do best against the Swiss. One thing I have learned with WC Final series is to rely on pedigree and past history.

None of this means that Spain can't yet win it but I'll wager all those on here predicting it was in the bag for them have a slightly different view now?

Still Brazil for me. The best pedigree and the massive advantage of having won the Confederations Cup in those exact conditions in the recent past.

wishful thinking that mate, but stranger things have happened, the first nervy games are out of the way and i except more open games now.

It's not wishful thinking from me - I want Spain through as it makes a better world cup - particularly if they were to meet Brazil!

• Moderators

No surprises for me. Backed Uruguay to win their game and not surprised to see the perennial chokers do what they do best against the Swiss. One thing I have learned with WC Final series is to rely on pedigree and past history.

None of this means that Spain can't yet win it but I'll wager all those on here predicting it was in the bag for them have a slightly different view now?

Still Brazil for me. The best pedigree and the massive advantage of having won the Confederations Cup in those exact conditions in the recent past.

my view on spain hasn't changed, they're still the best side here for me and should win their next 2

they'd certainly give brazil a game based on what's been seen so far

I'm still also certain from what I've seen that Portugal would not beat Spain if they met, be surprisd at the moment if they get out their group

uruguay was a fairly easy call given how poor S Africa are, were always going to be the 1st host to go out in the group stage

surprise so far have been Chile, good but a team who attack them will probably beat them - most teams have been going sideways this WC and not forward - expect this to start to change in the next round of games once they used to altitude and the ball

no surprise the germans did what they did given they've been using that ball in their domestic league - if you indeed think the ball makes a difference, but it fits

Guest Frandsen08

It's not wishful thinking from me - I want Spain through as it makes a better world cup - particularly if they were to meet Brazil!

i want whoever deserves to go through, dont want anyone progressing on merit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.