Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Opposition View Aston Villa

bradders

Well I come in friendly spirits I currently run an Aston Villa fans website called "astonvillatoday" a regular feature that we run is an Opposition View section ahead of games. I was wondering if you guys would like to be part of this weeks addition. So I open the floor to you guys for a set of Question and Answers section. I will post my questions for you to reply, i would kindly mind that if supporters wanted to post questions that do so in the PM Inbox.

Once again thank you for the time to read this and look forward to the interaction ahead of the weekends game why not visit my site at

http://astonvillatoday.wordpress.com

cheers bradders

• Site Supporter

Join in SG, it's so liberating. I'm sure a man of your standing can think of many ways to kill such a beast. What else would the Villa fan write about on his site if more people join in?

Give the lad a break and find him something worth posting.

• Site Supporter

thank you mickie D well spoken

So go on Bradders. What's your favourite way to kill an elephant?

My second favourite is getting it to wear villa colours then die of embarassment.

113200551030-pic1.jpg

1. How long have you been a Bolton Supporter?

2. Who is your best player?

3. Who you think is Villa's best player?

4. What is your perception of Aston Villa?

5. What do you think the score will be?

6. What do you think your final position will be?

7. What do you think Aston Villa position will be?

8. Who introduced you to Bolton?

9.What was your first game and what made you want to follow then and made you return?

10. Do you think Alex McLeish moving from Birmingham to Villa was a good move for us?

11. If Gary Cahill is to move on in January as many rumours are flying around that he will?

12. Who would you like to see come in and replace him?

13. As you are aware Alex McLeish is not having a great time in charge, but bolton fans arent having great time under Owen Coyle who do you think will win next sack race McLeish/Coyle?

14. Who would you like to replace him if Coyle got the sack?

• Site Supporter

This sort of thing has worked before if you post say 5 questions then we all answer them and u use replys for your site.

He speaks the truth.

Here is a similar post by an Everton fan:

Hi,

firstly thanks to Happy Wonderer for letting me do this.

I'm from www.toffeetalk.com, http://astonvillatoday.wordpress.com and I would just like to ask you guys a few questions.

I'm not expecting such a great response to be honest, but anything will be welcomed.

1. Where do you expect Bolton and Everton Villa to finish in the Premier League this season?

2. Which Bolton players should we worry about the most, and are there any Everton Villa players you would be worried about?

3. With the current Everton Villa Chairman Bill Kenwright Bill Dugdale facing some fans turning against him, what is your opinion of the way your club is ran under Phil Gartside?

4. With the speculation surrounding Gary Cahill's future at Bolton, do you expect him to leave in the next window? Who would you like to bring in to replace him?

5. The January Window is just around the corner, where would you like to see Owen Coyle strengthen the side?

6. If you could take upto three Everton Villa players, who would you take?

7. Finally, what result do you predict?

Again, thanks, and I look forward to your answers.

Ste

See, easy.

1. How long have you been a Bolton Supporter? All my life

2. Who is your best player? Holden

3. Who you think is Villa's best player? Bent

4. What is your perception of Aston Villa? mediocre premier league club.

5. What do you think the score will be? 2-0 to Villa

6. What do you think your final position will be? 19th

7. What do you think Aston Villa position will be? 15th

8. Who introduced you to Bolton? Dad

9.What was your first game and what made you want to follow then and made you return? Newcastle at home, 82 I think.

10. Do you think Alex McLeish moving from Birmingham to Villa was a good move for us? No

11. If Gary Cahill is to move on in January as many rumours are flying around that he will? yes, he'll go.

12. Who would you like to see come in and replace him? He won;t be replaced. We'll get someone in to sit on the bench instead

13. As you are aware Alex McLeish is not having a great time in charge, but bolton fans arent having great time under Owen Coyle who do you think will win next sack race McLeish/Coyle? Depends on this weekend. Coyle may win the race.

14. Who would you like to replace him if Coyle got the sack? Not gonna happen, but Mark Hughes.

• Site Supporter

1. How long have you been a Bolton Supporter? Too long. Started in about 1973

2. Who is your best player? Best current - Stu holden (When he's fit) Best ever - Lofthouse Best I've seen - Frank Worthington or John McGinlay

3. Who you think is Villa's best player? Bent

4. What is your perception of Aston Villa? Wannabe big club lost in a big city but without a well known geographical identity.

5. What do you think the score will be? 3-2 same as last year.

6. What do you think your final position will be? 12th - 14th

7. What do you think Aston Villa position will be? 8th - 12th

8. Who introduced you to Bolton? My mum.

9.What was your first game and what made you want to follow then and made you return? My mum took me to a night game. I was about 9. I remember it was raining and the pitch glistened in the floodlight. It was the greatest thing I'd ever seen. I don't recall the opposition though.

10. Do you think Alex McLeish moving from Birmingham to Villa was a good move for us? Was he good for Birmingham? No. Will he be good for Villa? Probably not.

11. If Gary Cahill is to move on in January as many rumours are flying around that he will? He'll definately not be a Bolton player by February.

12. Who would you like to see come in and replace him? Anyone as long as we don't try to rely too heavily on what we've already got.

13. As you are aware Alex McLeish is not having a great time in charge, but bolton fans arent having great time under Owen Coyle who do you think will win next sack race McLeish/Coyle? It seems it'll be McLeish as our Charman has total faith in coyle.

14. Who would you like to replace him if Coyle got the sack? Someone for whom winning a relegation battle would be looked upon as an adventure rather than a hope.

Added questions:

15. What do you think of your current position? I clung onto the fact we played all of the top six in the first 7 games but once you start losing games to Norwich, Sunderland, Swansea, Everton you do start to wonder if the last ten years have seen us punch way above our weight and we've suddenly been found out.

16.if you could have a Villa player at your club who would it be and why? Bent. We need a goal scorer.

17.if you could do a straight swap (realistic swap) who would it be?We'll take Bent and you can have Paul Robinson.

Edit = next three questions added

Edited by MickyD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.