Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

One Off The Bucket List

jazza

After watching TT Life on the edge about the isle of Man TT races my mate and I have booked up to go to the Senior TT race in June. I am not into motorcycle racing whatsoever but it is going to be something to remember and look forward to it's just a day trip from Heysham but at least I will be able to say I've been.

There have been threads before about wish lists and events attended and the way my life is just now, this is my focus. I have no interest in the Olympics so not bothered about that but what i want to do is :

FA Cup final.. has to be Bolton in it though

Prix De L'Arc de Triomphe, won't be this year though

Any Grand Prix but preferably Monaco

Premier League darts ... going to Newcastle later in year

Snooker World championship session at crucible (couldn't sit through more than 1 i don't think)

The Boat Race

Rugby league match of any sort

Ashes cricket match

Argentinian football match, preferably Boca Juniors

American Football match , preferably Oakland Raiders

Scotland in World Cup finals, i saw us in Euros in Sweden but never in World cup finals

Hurling match

A proper big World title boxing match

some of them are very achievable, some of them are possible if i save and some are trusting to chance

It's a focus in life

The chances of seeing Queen of the South in a Scottish Cup final was longer odds than that and it's ticked off the list

I've thought of a personal one too

I want a winners trophy at darts instead of the 20 or so runners up ones I've got

Just the senior or are you going for the week Jazza?

Get up early and get to Laurel Bank before the roads are closed. Take a flask and sarnies as you'll be hungry and (more than likely) wet and cold, but it's worth it to see bikes screaming pastyou about 4 feet away touching 200mph (and cloth I shouldn't wonder).

Maybe Guy Martin might win one this year, proper nutcase. But interesting with it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.