Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Betfair

bolty58

• Members

Just a question to any of you lads who may have a Betfair account. Any of you encountered any recent difficulty?

The reason I ask is that I use my Betfair account regularly and have done so fo a long time now. Never a problem - wasn't keen on the merger with Paddy Power as I suspected it might change the ethos but no problems up until yesterday.

Waiting for the real football season to re-start, since early July I have been having winning doubles in the AFL on Richmond Tigers and the West Coast Eagles. Due to the offset game times (often different days), I have been able to place a single on the first team to play and roll the return into the second team. Pretty much win-win all the way and I'm pretty confident that one of these teams will play in this years Grand Final  - possibly both.

Put the bet on Richmond on Saturday - win. Went to access the account to roll it into the Eagles and got the message "Account closed" contact this number. Rang the number and some bird tells me that their 'fraud department' had shut me down and I wouldn't get a response until Monday as to why. She hinted that money laundering was suspected!

After getting all the WTF's out of my system and having to place the 'second bet' with the local TAB at 5% lower odds, I sent them a 'strong' e-mail and, lo and behold - an apology this morning and the award of points to further reduce the amount of commission they take. They put it down to an administration error in their Hammersmith UK office.

Anyone else have anything like this happen to them?

• Members
4 hours ago, stevieb said:

No probs from me that you mention Bolty. 

Widnes. Use 2fa it takes about 3 more seconds to log in. 

I reckon they've has some fucker on watch with either a name or account number close to mine and checked the wrong box (i.e. mine).

Either that or the $100,000 I had on that $1.01 shot I had last week set them off? ;)