Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Vision Aid - Can we help?

Smiley

I know its probably wrong to focus in on one particular charity as there are many people on here who have felt the benefit of many great and worthwhile charities. However, many of those have been long established charities - hardly on the brink of closure.

Personally I have been very lucky. My children were born healthy though they suffered from the worst form of disability possible - they are female. But hey-ho, one thing they do have is their sight - surely the greatest of gift of all.

I have always donated to Marie Curie Cancer Care.... don't ask me why, it was a case of right time - right place when I was asked to help out. I regularly sold raffle tickets at work, donated ??2 a month direct debit and ran the GNR (like Henri) raising around ??500. I guess every little helps. But to me MCCC is a faceless charity. I have never donated to them for anything close to my heart - I just have. I know very little about where my money goes. And I don't know anyone who has benefitted.

I'd therefore be interested in helping out VisionAid and invite others on here to do likewise. Not sure if Mike Hunt can assist - but my ??2 a month can be redirected by DD to Vision Aid and any other assistance I can help with please ask.

It'd be great to have another Sportsman's Dinner - even if it was more low key than the last - I guess that every little helps.

Could WWays not have the logo visible on here and treat VisionAid as the 2005/06 Recognised Charity for the site?

• Moderators

i can do a race night no probs.

we could make approx ??1000 in one night no probs.

we'd do 8 races (with 8 horses) and sell each horse for ??5. the winning owner would win a prize (try and get something donated, or a couple of decent bottles of wine etc)

During the races, you can bet on a horse for 50p each (or make it a quid). 1/2 the pot is shared between the winners (calm down fenny)1/2 goes to vision aid.

if we could get 8 people to sell a race each, it would make it alot easier.

i could get the RMI for feck all (I think) or maybe the Bridge in Horwich (i'd say a better option than RMI) (Greenwood will be closed) Or what about a venue closer to town??

We'd need to make sure the night is well supported 70 people +

Let us know what you think

great idea smiley - thanks - been trying to get something together to raise some funds.

righto guys, what needs doing?

selling sponsorship for each race?

venue? maybe a possibility of LLCC if needed - sure hilty will help out with that.

advertising? sure we can get th'evenin news on board.

smiley - I have a regular donation form - PM me with your works fax number and I'll send it on tomorrow - anyone else interested, let me have your contact details, and I'll send you a copy.

thanks!

• Moderators

You dont need commentary. its already on the disk, with on screen race positions.

we need, a big fcuk off tv, microphone/speakers and poss something to hook my dvd player upto some speakers.

also some tote tickets (you can get em of ebay)

8 races sponsored

8 races sold (8 horses per race)

8 prizes for winning owners

decent prize for the winner of race 9 (auction race)