Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Would Anyone Off Here

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think the stitches had any effect on Nolan's ability to head the ball.

Oh, Enzo ..... that's a deeply cutting remark. Not inaccurate though.

Megson : "Kevin was playing with 11 stitches in his head and an injection in his ribs."

Sorry, I don't get this. It's not about Nolan, it's about any player. Why would you choose a player with head stitches AND bruised ribs, unless he's absolutely indispensible to the team or you have no replacement ? Even worse, having picked that player, why use his injuries as some sort of defense for him being unable to play a good game ?

And to return to the thread, no, I didn't boo or cheer Nolan's substitution. By that time I was reduced to a sullen block of ice. And it could just as easily have been Campo, who was even worse on the night. Gardner, however careless his passing at times, still did a lot of good defensive interceptions and support for attacks.

When I go back to work on Monday I'm going to try really hard, and as a minimum make sure the basics are done right. I dont really feel like it because I've got other things on my plate but it pays the bills you see.

By doing this, my customers won't give me abuse and in the long term my kids keep getting fed.

If I fcuk up with even the most simple of tasks then I'll be in a spot of mither and my customers will tell me so.

They won't feel sorry for me and say, 'don't worry smiffs, you didnt mean not to finish the road to the house where the family moved into yesterday'.

Oh no.

When I go back to work on Monday I'm going to try really hard, and as a minimum make sure the basics are done right. I dont really feel like it because I've got other things on my plate but it pays the bills you see.

By doing this, my customers won't give me abuse and in the long term my kids keep getting fed.

If I fcuk up with even the most simple of tasks then I'll be in a spot of mither and my customers will tell me so.

They won't feel sorry for me and say, 'don't worry smiffs, you didnt mean not to finish the road to the house where the family moved into yesterday'.

Oh no.

:good:

Megson : "Kevin was playing with 11 stitches in his head and an injection in his ribs."

Sorry, I don't get this. It's not about Nolan, it's about any player. Why would you choose a player with head stitches AND bruised ribs, unless he's absolutely indispensible to the team or you have no replacement ? Even worse, having picked that player, why use his injuries as some sort of defense for him being unable to play a good game ?

also :good:

Spot on. I didn't boo, but neither did I stand and applaud him off the pitch. Nothing he'd done whilst on the pitch deserved my applause therefore he didn't get it. He didn't, however, deserve to be booed, but he also didn't deserve to be picking up a weekly wage which is far greater than my annual one based on his ability to play decent football on wednesday. If any of us had regularly put that performance in in our own jobs we'd have been down the road!

Instead of win bonuses, they should be put on 'play well' bonuses. At the end of the game, the few thousand of us left in the ground vote by show of hand whether or not a player should be paid. That'd make 'em play out of their skins.

I agree with you mickey,and a lot of the people with a judgement left before the goal was scored.Each to there own but dont see the point of paying to watch a game and going before it has finished to get out of the car park. sorry rant over

I agree with you mickey,and a lot of the people with a judgement left before the goal was scored.Each to there own but dont see the point of paying to watch a game and going before it has finished to get out of the car park. sorry rant over

i've only ever left 2 matches early, one because I felt we were in physical danger!

It is v funny when folks leave and we score a (deserved) winner. Why do they do it?

i've only ever left 2 matches early, one because I felt we were in physical danger!

It is v funny when folks leave and we score a (deserved) winner. Why do they do it?

Everybody was going on about Stellios kissing ref but when he kicked advertising hording down it was a good move to avoid being booked. Not shown on tv so only % of 17000 saw it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.