Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Or Old

Guest Biff

without looking it up, the oval

You are right with the Oval. Mind you Wembley has staged an international football match, an FA Cup replay and a test match. A rugby league test match that is.

for me

best ground in the prem, WHL

worst, goodison, villa park

its not a question of old or new

Is that based on the away end or ground as a whole?

I think that Goodison has a decent atmosphere and I enjoy the day out there, but that's mainly cos I normally go with Everton lads and out in the surrounding pubs with them. But the away end is the worst view in the Prem...

• Moderators

Is that based on the away end or ground as a whole?

I think that Goodison has a decent atmosphere and I enjoy the day out there, but that's mainly cos I normally go with Everton lads and out in the surrounding pubs with them. But the away end is the worst view in the Prem...

based on where i've watched the game from on recent visits (enjoyed the 77 cup semi draw and the 3-2 cup win views, like :)

tis also a bit of a trek back to the city centre...its not that much nearer than the 'out of town' reebok is to boilton

i just don't like it

Well no mater what NEW GROUND Spurs and Arsenal get, you will always have foreign people on the tube. How is that anythng to do with Old or even New ground, or even match day experiences ??

I have been to over 80 Football grounds, and the WORST experiences are at the New grounds, without a doubt.

No pubs, crap ale, boring ground, no atmosphere, for some reason they are colder, even worse food. You cant sing, you cant stand, No free parking, takes ages to get away from, too many Day trippers etc.

What is good about that ??

Stewards are ok, but nowere near as bad as the policing years ago, or even the Stewarding in the North East / Midlands years ago. I got punched in the face at Roker Park about 16 years ago by a steward, and I have never had that at Stadium of Light !!!

Nobody even mentioned Goodison you tool.

Well thank you for your most valued opinion Pablo,i don't agree. But to call me a tool is a bit rich coming from a scally from smackhead city.

Well thank you for your most valued opinion Pablo,i don't agree. But to call me a tool is a bit rich coming from a scally from smackhead city.

It may be rich, but you are a tool though, a proper weapon, Thats plain to see.

You need to read it again mate. He can't take us back to Burnden but he might be able to take us to our next new ground. Lets hope the atmosphere doesn't get worse with every successive change of stadia eh! :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.