Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv On A Wet Sunday Evening.

• Site Supporter

They're not really similar. Though Doctor Spazzy-Daz might disagree.

Either way, I like how Dutch the raconteur's fascinating stories are now being introduced back into WW. I'd imagine mike Hunt's now shitting it.

my wife would agree.

headaches are just that, headaches.

migraines fuck your body up.

I'd imagine the women at Daz's works get pissy because they're lying & it is only a headache.

y'know what, my hunch was always been that they didn't even have a headache. :roll:

It just sounds a bit more plausible to go home with a 'migraine'.

Methinks they just wanted to go home.

maybe theyre after you taking them home and tucking them in

tbh, it is usually the same bird who spins the migraine line.

... and, no direspect to her, but I wouldn't 'tuck her in' with yours!

Ah well.

The towel trick actually does work sometimes. I did it the first time I ever got the RROD. I couldn't believe my eyes when it started working again. Trouble is it's only a temporary fix (it 'fixed' mine for about two weeks) and it can potentially make something else fry inside due to how hot you make it.

Might be worth just picking up a 'console only' from Ebay seeing as you will already have all the other stuff such as HDD, power brick, leads etc. I got one a couple of months ago (with the sole intention of having it flashed). I picked one up for ?34.

:drinks:

Off to Game later a preowened one is looking the favorite,bout ?70

I watched Reservoir Dogs, thought it would be quite good and it was alright, like I wanted to see what happened and how it will unfold, but the ending was just pure shite, long movies can become tiresome, especially with loads of adverts every 5 minutes <_< but I felt like this film needed another 30 minutes/1 hour.

A let down.

I watched Reservoir Dogs, thought it would be quite good and it was alright, like I wanted to see what happened and how it will unfold, but the ending was just pure shite, long movies can become tiresome, especially with loads of adverts every 5 minutes <_< but I felt like this film needed another 30 minutes/1 hour.

A let down.

You say long movies beome tiresome? You then say the film need another 30mins to 1 hour?

Make your mind up man.

It's a cracking film, however there's a lot of dialogue rather than action which isn't to everyone's taste. Is that why you didn't like it?

You say long movies beome tiresome? You then say the film need another 30mins to 1 hour?

Make your mind up man.

It's a cracking film, however there's a lot of dialogue rather than action which isn't to everyone's taste. Is that why you didn't like it?

I said long films can become tiresome, not like Avatar or Lord Of the Rings though, I could watch them forever, but some films that are over 2 hours can drag on[i'm sure some think Avatar of LOTR do], but I still felt like RD needed more time because I thought the ending was rushed/incomplete/well just shite.

I would have watched an extra 30 minutes or so, even though Channel 5 were pissing me off a little because adverts where literally every 5 minutes and in the middle scenes/speech.

I think it needed more action, I thought I as going to see the bank robbery, see what actually happened to Mr.can't remember colour with the white tash, I saw him at the beginning in the cafe, but not again.

When the triangle gun pointing men shot each other and Mr.Pink left I thought we'd see what happens to him, but no, the police came, the undercover cop said to Mr.White [who protected him] who he was, then shots were fired, didn't know if the police killed Mr.White and/or Mr.White killed the undercover cop.

The chopping of the ear and the police man almost getting torched was the only real violence in the film along with the dad and son shooting Mr.White and Mr.White and Mr.Pink shooting them back, most were flashbacks without seeing what happened.

I looked to see if there was a sequel because when it ended I was like WHAT? I've just wasted a couple of hours watching this for that ending, pfft!!

Edited by Didledee

I think it needed more action, I thought I as going to see the bank robbery,

Which has proven my point.

I'm sure, if you watch it again, knowing there is a lack of 'action' you will maybe appreciate the script and the dialogue a lot more.

BTW, when you say adverts were "literally" every 5 minutes, you are wrong.

It's a bit like when people say "I was literally over the moon". No you weren't!!

Edited by DazBobParr

Which has proven my point.

I'm sure, if you watch it again, knowing there is a lack of 'action' you will maybe appreciate the script and the dialogue a lot more.

BTW, when you say adverts were "literally" every 5 minutes, you are wrong.

It's a bit like when people say "I was literally over the moon". No you weren't!!

Well put it this way, film came on, loads of credits, then the gang in the cafe talking about tipping the waitress etc BREAK, then it came back on, guy bleeding in car BREAK, guy goes into warehouse BREAK, Mr.PINK speaks with MR.White in the toilets BREAK.

It felt like every 5 minutes, really annoying especially at gone midnight.

Guest bwfcdan

Well put it this way, film came on, loads of credits, then the gang in the cafe talking about tipping the waitress etc BREAK, then it came back on, guy bleeding in car BREAK, guy goes into warehouse BREAK, Mr.PINK speaks with MR.White in the toilets BREAK.

It felt like every 5 minutes, really annoying especially at gone midnight.

If they didnt have adverts, the channel wouldnt make any money, therefore they wouldnt be in business and they wouldnt be showing the film in the first place. It's not as if they do it to piss folk off.

If they didnt have adverts, the channel wouldnt make any money, therefore they wouldnt be in business and they wouldnt be showing the film in the first place. It's not as if they do it to piss folk off.

No, maybe not but it is annoying nevertheless

I'd have more sympathy with DD if he actually had to get up to go to work in the morning though

Guest bwfcdan

Sky +

Indeed, or you could just record it diddles, go to bed at a sensible time, then watch after you've finished work. Oh wait a minute...

Working as in employment?

My parents own a sandwich shop and the flats above it, my sister is due to have her 2nd baby anytime, so I'm helping out more, I don't get paid, I give my earnings to my parents, but I get free food :P.

My parents own a sandwich shop and the flats above it, my sister is due to have her 2nd baby anytime, so I'm helping out more, I don't get paid, I give my earnings to my parents, but I get free food :P.

But if they own the shop you're not actually giving them your earnings.

Just a minor point.

Sometime I wish I could have a life where I could just make tuna & mayo sandwiches in the mornings. It's not a pop, I just do.

Well I work for free, in a way it's paying my keep, I earn money through the week, not always a lot, in my old work that I worked 7 years at, I saved quite a lot, I've hardly touched this since I left my job last year, it's a fall back though if I need it, I'm thinking of going to college later in year, but working for my parents and other ways like gambling[i don't have a problem, I think I know when to stop :lol:] is much better than what I had and didn't like.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.