Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Usa - The Midwest

Garrp

Garrp... working on this brochure at the minute.... Mackinac Island tour sounds interesting if you fancy going back in time to horse drawn carts, etc, etc.

Scroll down to the itinerary at the foot of this page - click on any of the days to get the full itin. Its basically in reverse of what you might want to do.

http://www.thomascooktours.com/tours/north-america/united-states/mackinac-island

Cheers everyone for the responses, massive, massive help

and smiley that is exactly what I was looking for, superb!

think im going to do milwaukee, green bay (lambeu field tour, presume its good boltoy?), grand rapids and then detroit

bit gutted as bastille are playing in milwaukee when im in detroit, toronto when im in chicago and chicago when im in toronto.

• Members

Cheers everyone for the responses, massive, massive help

and smiley that is exactly what I was looking for, superb!

think im going to do milwaukee, green bay (lambeu field tour, presume its good boltoy?), grand rapids and then detroit

bit gutted as bastille are playing in milwaukee when im in detroit, toronto when im in chicago and chicago when im in toronto.

Good??? Good!!!!!!!!?????????? It is superb mate. Do the museum tour as well and chuck a few footballs through the target.

Sounds weird talking about somewhere in the US but Lambeau really reeks of history. An empty Burnden used to make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. Just the thought of all that had gone before. Lambeau Field is the same. Statues of Curly Lambeau, Vince Lombardi and Don Hutson all add to it but it just really is an amazing place with an atmosphere.

I have been there four times and had some great experiences. First time was in 1993 and I went into a small shop to buy something (can't remember what). Got talking to the old boy behind the counter about the Packers and he got all teary eyed talking about them. Couple of things made me laugh (one, many will be sickened by):-

"When the Packers are playing, you can go to the local Mall and fire shots without any hope of hitting anyone. Completely deserted"

"If you're in Green Bay and you're black - you either play for the Packers or are just passing through" (Sickened)

Make sure you do Green Bay and if you can get a Madison visit in and manage to score Badgers tickets, it is even better!