• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

image8_1.jpg

image7_1.jpg

image5_1.jpg

image4_1.jpg

OK - not scrolled down through the various answers to see what's right or wrong. Love the fact that the pics are black and white so you can't see that actual colours

Pic 1 - it's obvs Reidy against a team in a very light shirt. Yellow? Norwich, Shrewsbury or Mansfield is all I can think. I'll go Norwich

Pic 2 - Ian Moores - I'm going Palace - got a vague memory of them playing in Red and Black stripes around that time

Pic 3 - David Burke - again, another team in yellow? Forest's away kit at the time?

Pic 4 - sure that's the Baseball Ground - my Dad lived and worked in Derby for a couple of years in the 70's and that chimney is ringing a few bells

image6_2.jpg

image10_1.jpg

image2_1.jpg

image3_1.jpg

Again, not scrolled to see what's wrong or right

Pic 1 - McGovern vs Walsall - no idea why but that pic rings a bell

Pic 2 - that's got to be late 70's against a team playing in dark red or dark blue which of course could be home or away kit. Ipswich?

Pic 3 - Swindon?

Pic 4 - got to admit I'm struggling with that both our player and theirs

Fuck me miami, you and your pals putting those pics on here are really grinding my gears. Gonna be up in the loft soon to get my 70's/80's programmes down

Can't bear not knowing as I'm sure a lot of those pics are off the covers of the match programmes

Quality pal - it's this sort of shit that sends me into OCD overdrive

Still looking for a clear and definitive answer to the stripes, David Burke and Neil Whatmore.

A couple have hinted who one or two may be, but Chris Tarrant wouldn't allow it, he'd want a clear answer before allowing....

Nice to see the Neil Whatmore one still confusing everyone though.....

All above are wrong.......

If it helps, the stripes one...........somebody has already said it could be this team in question but in the same post said it could be another side, so the adjudicator wouldn't allow his answer as it needs to be definitive.................

Was actually one of my first ever games ......

We've got it pal.

Pretty sure they played in purple and black or purple and blue. They'd already been relegated when we played them near the end of that season.

think they beat us 2-0 in my head it was our last home game of the season but could be wrong, great quiz by the way if not frustrating