Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Discuss

jayjayoghani

4 hours ago, DazBob said:

You need to be on the field of play when the bowler bowls it, ie you can't start 'walking in' from behind the boundary.

... and I'm not sure you can stop a fielder leaving the field of play and the re-entering whilst fielding the ball as that happens a lot when sliding to prevent a four.

I meant leaving on purpose.

28 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Isn’t there also a rule about leaving the field (not sliding or stepping across the rope) for instance having rumbling guts and need the loo urgently, whatever time you’re away will be taken away from the time you can start to bowl once you return…

or something like that.

Never known that but that applies for if you turn up late.

If you need to scurry off for a dump you'll need permission to return to the field from the umpires. Never known anyone be dumping for long enough for it to be a problem.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, DazBob said:

Never known that but that applies for if you turn up late.

If you need to scurry off for a dump you'll need permission to return to the field from the umpires. Never known anyone be dumping for long enough for it to be a problem.

I’m fairly sure it happened at Bradshaw. A bowler needed to leave the field and took three overs. Once returned he wasn’t allowed to bowl any of the next three.

• Site Supporter
On 03/01/2023 at 16:29, Underpants said:

It's a 6ix. You can't be jumping up and down indefinitely while out of bounds. Once you've stepped over the rope you have one chance to get back in bounds and grab it.

It's out.

The umpire gave it, an has been the case previously in various competitions. Some fine examples including by our own red roses.

57 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's out.

The umpire gave it, an has been the case previously in various competitions. Some fine examples including by our own red roses.

I've seen it thrown back and caught by the same player. I've seen it thrown back to another player and caught. I can't recall a player basically juggling it and jumping up and down then coming back into play and catching it. Where do you draw the line? A play could actually do that for as long as he wants, and have a beer while doing it, then go back in to bounds. It's wrong and the rule needs to be changed.