Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

University of Bolton Stadium recreated in Minecraft

MattRushton1995

14 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

I had to google what minecraft Is and didn’t quite understand it then I realised and thought bloody hell this is real time and effort. 

Fair play to you.

Thank you very much, I will admit it was mentally exhausting but I'm really happy to have built it 👍

13 hours ago, kent_white said:

Great effort. Must have been a labour of love that! 

All you need now is some vape smoke emenating from the toilet cubicles and a block headed Miami lurking outside the club shop for a straightener to give it added authenticity 😁

Thank you very much :) Oh it was indeed, I'm honoured to have built it, despite the length of time it took haha. Block headed Miami?

11 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Virtual Lego? Like sim city type of thing?

Have you ever kissed a girl, son?

I suppose it's kind of like that, it is a sandbox program where you can practially create anything you want.

It's not the first time I've been asked that 😂 and I think that's a Phoenix Nights quote, truth be told I have kissed a girl, but the last time was in secondary school 8 years ago

11 hours ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

It’s very good, well done, but you need some of the bulbs broken on the illuminated unibol sign.

Thank you very much, to be fair there's a variety of minor details that were left out, the broken bulbs being some of them, another one I left out was the mould and discolouration of the floodlight pylons

3 minutes ago, MattRushton1995 said:

I suppose it's kind of like that, it is a sandbox program where you can practially create anything you want.

It's not the first time I've been asked that 😂 and I think that's a Phoenix Nights quote, truth be told I have kissed a girl, but the last time was in secondary school 8 years ago

Got to be a first on WanderersWays......

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

10 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

My kids play Minecraft on the PS4 a lot. I can't get my noddle around it at all, but the music is very soothing.

I was like that to be fair in my early days, my brother who's 5 and a half years younger than me introduced me to Minecraft back in 2011 when I was about 15, and it did take me a while to get used to it, but since then I've thrived on it while he stopped playing altogether 

10 hours ago, MickyD said:

I think it's very good but I have a question:

Many of the lines are made up in blocks so appear not to be very straight and come across as tiny zig-zags. I have seen this a lot in video type game pictures. When you get inside the stadium, however, the white pitch lines are absolutely dead straight and not done in pixels at all. Is there a reason?

Thank you :)

Hmm, to answer your question it may depend on how they're viewed, however, I did also film the videos on my phone by positioning it close to my TV (I didn't have any capture software at the time) so that may provide a possible explanation. My most recent video (on Middlesbrough) has a better video quality because it was my first one to be filmed using my Xbox's capture software

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Haha my lad just commented on this video   ‘Woooow’ :D

...he got it for Xmas after watching two gimps play it on YouTube day after day. 

Ive no idea how to play, my lad seems to be getting to grips with it but I’m pretty sure he’s just making it up as he goes along. 

...that unibol thing is superb. Whatever floats your boat and all that. Fair play lad. 

To be fair my brother took it a lot more seriously than me when we got Minecraft 9 years ago, but sometimes making things up can be the way to go :) 

Thank you very much :) 👍

2 hours ago, DazBob said:

I've seen yoof and his mates play it in the past and it's mind boggling. Like Lawnmower Man playing with Lego.

Got to say, I skimmed through that video and can only imagine how many days, hours, weeks, months it took to do that. Amazing really.

Fair fucks to you, fella. Good job.

Thank you so much it really means a lot, if I'm honest even though it took 3 years and 2 months to finish I could have had it finished in 16 months, but in around June 2017 I wasn't happy with how it looked so I demolished the roof, upper tiers, exterior and the suite level, and then rebuilt it. 😂👍

1 minute ago, Spider said:

I’ll be impressed when he can recreate Lemon Party or Tori Black being double dipped by a pair of enormous strap ons

This place has turned into a fucking WI tea party.

I can't build people but there are many out there who can, plus I think something like that would likely be blocked on YouTube 😂😂