Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

University of Bolton Stadium recreated in Minecraft

MattRushton1995

53 minutes ago, Matt said:

Very impressive matt fair fooks to you. 👍🏼

Thank you very much, in all I went through 3 stadium tours, 200+ images, plus any photos and videos I could take after finishing my shift (I work at the ground on matchdays as well) in order to build it. There were times (especially when I came across certain issues while rebuilding the upper half) where I just wanted to stop, but I really wanted to carry on, because I think for me in the end it was more than just building a stadium, I was building our stadium for the club, the fans and everyone else and thus I wanted to put in the maximum amount of effort to get it done, and I'm honestly proud of how it turned out :)  👍

2 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

And so you should be. A hell of a lot of time & effort to create a fantastic model. Wanderers fan as well - brilliant.

Practically lifelong haha, I remember my very first game was the very first game at the stadium when I was a year old. I went with my dad and our neighbour and sat in North lower, I was asleep by half time and woke up on the couch at home with my mum sat next to me haha

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, MattRushton1995 said:

Practically lifelong haha, I remember my very first game was the very first game at the stadium when I was a year old. I went with my dad and our neighbour and sat in North lower, I was asleep by half time and woke up on the couch at home with my mum sat next to me haha

Presumably, you were 2 not long after!

Anyway, good effort. I know I couldn't be arsed with something like that.

• Site Supporter

I know nothing about minecraft other than seeing my sons playing  it ( seem to spend time digging holes and destroying each other’s creations from what I see) they are very impressed to the point of watching over and over, as watching other people play games is also one of their past times 

but 3.5 years? How long did the stadium take to build in real life  ?  😉 

seriously,  it’s very good attention to detail and must have the patience of a saint  👍

6 hours ago, MattRushton1995 said:

Thank you very much, in all I went through 3 stadium tours, 200+ images, plus any photos and videos I could take after finishing my shift (I work at the ground on matchdays as well) in order to build it. There were times (especially when I came across certain issues while rebuilding the upper half) where I just wanted to stop, but I really wanted to carry on, because I think for me in the end it was more than just building a stadium, I was building our stadium for the club, the fans and everyone else and thus I wanted to put in the maximum amount of effort to get it done, and I'm honestly proud of how it turned out :)  👍

To go to that amount of detail is superb well done 👍

3 hours ago, fatolive said:

I know nothing about minecraft other than seeing my sons playing  it ( seem to spend time digging holes and destroying each other’s creations from what I see) they are very impressed to the point of watching over and over, as watching other people play games is also one of their past times 

but 3.5 years? How long did the stadium take to build in real life  ?  😉 

seriously,  it’s very good attention to detail and must have the patience of a saint  👍

Haha, it is one of those games I guess, it's always good to engage with that community and see what everyone is building or creating. 

The stadium in real life took about 15 months between June 1996 and September 1997 at a cost of £25 million, my version took over 3 years owing to numerous delays, alterations and modifications, however, if I'd have built it correctly with no issues at all I reckon I could have had it finished in around 16 months.

Thank you very much I really appreciate that :) 👍

39 minutes ago, MattRushton1995 said:

To be fair while I was building the Reebok, I did consider doing Burnden Park at some stage as a bit of a nostalgia trip, although I think images pre-Normid might be difficult to come by

Why would you want it pre normid? Well I know why but me like many others never saw burnden without normid. It wouldn’t look right to me without it in there 

congrats on an amazing job as well. I think if you haven’t you should be tweeting the link to your video to Marc Iles and also Sharon or Toby Britain. What you have done is phenomenal and should be recognized 

well done 👍🏼

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Why would you want it pre normid? Well I know why but me like many others never saw burnden without normid. It wouldn’t look right to me without it in there 

congrats on an amazing job as well. I think if you haven’t you should be tweeting the link to your video to Marc Iles and also Sharon or Toby Britain. What you have done is phenomenal and should be recognized 

well done 👍🏼

Deffo let the club see it. Nothing wrong with blowing your trumpet (well there is, I tried it once and knacked me back)

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

well done 👍🏼

Leigh White suggested I do Burnden but before the Normid store was built. I barely remember Burnden at all because I was only a year old when the final game was played there. If I do build it, I could always do a sort of before and after to please both sides, so a few images of it prior to 1986 (when Normid turned up), and a few of how it would have looked in the 1990s. 

Quite a few people have now said to me to try and tweet it to Toby or Ollie and see if it could be put to use by the club in any possible manner, and I do want to do that, so I'm currently in the process of "remastering" the videos to make them more professional and indeed presentable before I send the link across. Thank you very much :) 👍