Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe

Horwich

11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not great though is it, especially conceding from them.

I know he brought someone in and they practice them, but clearly not to great effect. 

Actually turns out those quotes are from September. So clearly Trotters Talk doesn't deal in the latest news, as claimed.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Actually turns out those quotes are from September. So clearly Trotters Talk doesn't deal in the latest news, as claimed.

Yeah, it was in the BN iirc, and Santos also talked about it fairly recently. 

Maybe the concerns of future brain injury from heading the ball, and dribbling in their cornflakes is affecting them?

7 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yep. Not much use in winning free kicks neither, for obvious reasons.

Teams would be less inclined to kick him too if we had a Beevers or Wheater type getting double figures a season. (Think I may have nicked this of another poster who made similar statement at some point)

So God knows why he lets the corners and free kick stuff just fester, when clearly a threat from them may potentially allow us to play more easily the intricate football he wants. 

• Site Supporter

Santos goes up for every corner and free kick likely (sic) to get into the box. I don’t recall the last time he was successful. May as well keep him at the back and let someone else get in the box.

I noted on Tuesday night a couple of Wycombe corners had Bolton leaving two attacking players, one on each flank, in the hope of a break-away attack. It didn’t happen but showed a great attacking ethos. More of the same on Saturday.

8 hours ago, MickyD said:

Santos goes up for every corner and free kick likely (sic) to get into the box. I don’t recall the last time he was successful. May as well keep him at the back and let someone else get in the box.

I noted on Tuesday night a couple of Wycombe corners had Bolton leaving two attacking players, one on each flank, in the hope of a break-away attack. It didn’t happen but showed a great attacking ethos. More of the same on Saturday.

The first time it happened me and other fans around were incredulous, couldn't believe our eyes, IE had finally given the opposition something to think about when they had a corner.  They had to leave 2 back and another half way between the box and half way line.  Hallelujah!  We cleared the first one upto Dapo who had a race with their defender who had to hurriedly put it out for a throw in.  Without that basic tactic, the defender controls any clearance and we're back defending.

Better late than never.