Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Henry dived for the pen

Zozzy

Guest Biff

Henry was tripped but he need not have gone down. If he had stayed on his feet he may have scored. It was though a dive, he literally put his hands together before taking off. Anyway let's forget Portugal and concentrate on another cheating nation, you know, that one with the centre forward who pulls defender's hair, he is called Crouch.

Portugal are a bunch of cheating, whingeing, diving, boring, negative ??unts.  FACT!

Cheating or trickery as the French call it is endemic in the world game, anyone on here who thinks it does not go on in the english game week in and out is deluding themselves. Admittedly the best at it are the foreign imports but we seem to quickly forget owen and gerrards efforts to name two. Francis Lee was masterful in the 70's.

Rooney should have gone down the moment he was hustled by 3 players, we have to learn to get better at it ourselves. This notion that the English are whiter than white in this part of he game is jingoistic crap.

If Rooney had "done" the Portugese by winning a dodgy pen resulting in an English win no one on here would give a monkeys.

• Moderators
If Rooney had "done" the Portugese by winning a dodgy pen resulting in an English win no one on here would give a monkeys.

Oh they would, believe me they would. The "Owen dived against Argentina" brigade would be up in arms.

Guest Biff

But Rooney does dive to get penalties. Have you forgotten about the penalty he "won" when United beat Arsenal. On another point is a player who dives to exagerate a foul just as bad as a player who dives when there has been no contact. I happen to believe that players should stay on their feet at all times if possible, they can't play lying on the floor.

But Rooney does dive to get penalties.  Have you forgotten about the penalty he "won" when United beat Arsenal.   On another point is a player who dives to exagerate a foul just as bad as a player who dives when there has been no contact.  I happen to believe that players should stay on their feet at all times if possible, they can't play lying on the floor.

Like I've mentioned before, its only the British who have a hang up about this. The rest of the world accept it as a part of the game, therefor it aint gonna change. England should make sure they are as cute as the foreigners.

But Rooney does dive to get penalties.  Have you forgotten about the penalty he "won" when United beat Arsenal.   On another point is a player who dives to exagerate a foul just as bad as a player who dives when there has been no contact.  I happen to believe that players should stay on their feet at all times if possible, they can't play lying on the floor.

2 points:

1) Yes I do distinguish between 'winning' a penalty after a silly challenge and downright diving like the Portuguese the other night. It's a fine, but important line. The ref's won't give em if you stay up, so it's the referees fault in part.

Although Rooney against Arsenal was a clear dive, and was wrong, and I think video evidence should be used to punish players who do this. It has to stop.

2) I am not pissed off at Ronaldo for diving. He had a plan to get his club team mate sent off, and he did it, and he winked to his boss when he had. That is despicable.

Biff - stop being so anti-Rooney. The lad is far & away the best player we've got. Plus he isn't a shithouse, like Ashley Cole & the rest of the ponces in the squad.

Only problem is that he's a munich, but that'll change if they don't win owt decent in the next few seasons.

Everyone dives, it's fact of the game, but the Portugese in this WC almost ruined it with their actions. And now they'll have a reputation for being cheating bastards wherever they go - which is justified IMO.

PB

Biff - stop being so anti-Rooney.  The lad is far & away the best player we've got.  Plus he isn't a shithouse, like Ashley Cole & the rest of the ponces in the squad.

Only problem is that he's a munich, but that'll change if they don't win owt decent in the next few seasons.

Everyone dives, it's fact of the game, but the Portugese in this WC almost ruined it with their actions.  And now they'll have a reputation for being cheating bastards wherever they go - which is justified IMO.

PB

Portugal are the new Argies

Guest Biff

2 points:

1) Yes I do distinguish between 'winning' a penalty after a silly challenge and downright diving like the Portuguese the other night. It's a fine, but important line. The ref's won't give em if you stay up, so it's the referees fault in part.

Although Rooney against Arsenal was a clear dive, and was wrong, and I think video evidence should be used to punish players who do this. It has to stop.

2) I am not pissed off at Ronaldo for diving. He had a plan to get his club team mate sent off, and he did it, and he winked to his boss when he had. That is despicable.

I wasn't just thinking about penalties when I mentioned diving but anywhere on the field. Surely you don't believe that Ronaldo had a plan that included Rooney stamping on another players groin. He cannot be held responsible for the actions of Rooney. If Rooney had a brain cell, it would be terribly lonely.

His tussle with Carvalho was 50/50, they were all over each other - maybe I'm being biased, but I didn't think Rooney purposely stood on his knackers. If it was the other way round, do you really think the ref would have sent the spic off - I don't think so.

The Portugese players were pathetic, they were as bad against the Dutch (who were shcoked at being out-acted, I think) and worse against us. I was sooooo glad they got beat by France, and it's isn't often I want Africa United to beat anyone.

I had a rant about diving ruining football before the WC started, and it's making the game a laughing stock now. One of the only times I got her to watch a game with me, she spent most of her time laughing at grown fellas rolling all over when someonbody touched them. And don't get me started on Joe Cole - he's a f*cking disgrace with his theatrics [-X

PB

His tussle with Carvalho was 50/50, they were all over each other - maybe I'm being biased, but I didn't think Rooney purposely stood on his knackers.  If it was the other way round, do you really think the ref would have sent the spic off - I don't think so.

The Portugese players were pathetic, they were as bad against the Dutch (who were shcoked at being out-acted, I think) and worse against us.  I was sooooo glad they got beat by France, and it's isn't often I want Africa United to beat anyone.

I had a rant about diving ruining football before the WC started, and it's making the game a laughing stock now.  One of the only times I got her to watch a game with me, she spent most of her time laughing at grown fellas rolling all over when someonbody touched them.  And don't get me started on Joe Cole - he's a f*cking disgrace with his theatrics [-X  

PB

It's just a good job none of em are boxers if they need 2 minutes to recover after a little tap on the ankle

Shitehouses

I remember when you tried to act like you WEREN'T hurt after a midfield skirmish

In the Italy v Germany semi final.the players tried the diving early on but the ref was having none of it,the players soon realised they were wasting their time trying to cheat for free kicks,and just got on with it,resulting in the best game of the tournament - officiated by the best referee imo.

In the Italy v Germany semi final.the players tried the diving early on  but the ref was having none of it,the players soon realised they were wasting their time trying to cheat for free kicks,and just got on with it,resulting in the best game of the tournament - officiated by the best referee  imo.

Dead right

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.