Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Uefa Chances

Guest TonyCee

Guest TonyCee

To put a reasoned argument on this one.

I am sure that we all agree that we will lose at Chelsea and get no more than a point at West Ham. As Everton found today the number of times teams go away to clubs fighting aginst relegation and lose 1-0 is staggering.

Reading are at home to Newcastle and Watford in the next 2 games and i would expect them to get at least 4 points. They will beat Watford for definate. That puts Reading above us with one game left.

Tottenham i would expect to win their game in hand at home to Blackburn and they would also go above us on goal difference.

Portsmouth are poor travellers and their home games are Liverpool and Arsenal so i would rule them out.

I feel the last place (7th) will be between us and Everton as they have Utd/Chelsea to play in last 3 games. Their home game is Portsmouth which i would expect them to win. If they do we would need a point at West Ham and to beat Villa to go above them on goal difference.

In a nutshell if we can beat Villa 3 points may be enough to get 7th, 4 points will guarantee it.

We all knew it would go to the last day but like so many others on here have said it should have been over with weeks ago.

Not a Bolton fan but I think you guys deserve a spot in Europe and hope you achieve it ... Allardyce has the potential to take this team far in Europe (the league is another story due the big 4) and with a few more good purchases (a partner for Anelka perhaps?), you guys could pull off a 'boro-like' run.

Anyways, good luck!

I am sure that we all agree that we will lose at Chelsea and get no more than a point at West Ham. As Everton found today the number of times teams go away to clubs fighting aginst relegation and lose 1-0 is staggering.

Reading are at home to Newcastle and Watford in the next 2 games and i would expect them to get at least 4 points. They will beat Watford for definate. That puts Reading above us with one game left.

Tottenham i would expect to win their game in hand at home to Blackburn and they would also go above us on goal difference.

Portsmouth are poor travellers and their home games are Liverpool and Arsenal so i would rule them out.

I feel the last place (7th) will be between us and Everton as they have Utd/Chelsea to play in last 3 games. Their home game is Portsmouth which i would expect them to win. If they do we would need a point at West Ham and to beat Villa to go above them on goal difference.

In a nutshell if we can beat Villa 3 points may be enough to get 7th, 4 points will guarantee it.

We all knew it would go to the last day but like so many others on here have said it should have been over with weeks ago.

If only it was that simple. I do feel we have blown it, I hope I am wrong but over the past 10 or so games we are not the Bolton we were at the start of the season, then we were a team other teams didn't relish playing because we were hard to beat. I dont think thats the case anymore we are not hard to beat, teams feel they can 'get' something against Bolton.

Chelsea - Loss

West Ham - Loss if they need to win to stay up or Draw if they dont

Aston Villa - Draw

I had a 'cover' bet yesterday, which I do on occasions when it comes down to the business end of the season when we have something important to play for, I was so nervous and knew how gutted I would feel if we lost I put money on Reading to win to ease the pain if the worst happened. Might sound daft but Im kind of looking to buy the result, if we won I wouldn't give two sh*ts if I lost my money because Im goin to Europe, but if we lost Im trying to ease the pain with a financial 'reward'. Yep Ive won some money but to be honest it doesn't really ease the pain!

Lets hope Im wrong and do make Europe because following the Wanderers in Europe 2 seasons ago gave me memories that will stay with me for ever. Europe is the place to be you just cant beat it. COME ON YOU WHITES, NEXT UP CHELSEA, F*CK IT LETS BEAT THE COCKNEY W*NKERS.

I had a 'cover' bet yesterday, which I do on occasions when it comes down to the business end of the season when we have something important to play for, I was so nervous and knew how gutted I would feel if we lost I put money on Reading to win to ease the pain if the worst happened. Might sound daft but Im kind of looking to buy the result, if we won I wouldn't give two sh*ts if I lost my money because Im goin to Europe, but if we lost Im trying to ease the pain with a financial 'reward'. Yep Ive won some money but to be honest it doesn't really ease the pain!

I often bet against the Whites,to cushion the blow of a possible defeat. I see it as a sweetener when we lose - but if we win i couldn't give a fook about the dosh. A "win win" situation in my eyes. :good:

By the time we get to Villa at home it may be out of our hands and we only have ourselves to blame. The cold hard reality is that we haven't performed consistently at all since that 3-0 defeat at Anfield at the turn of the year. Maybe the 'Intertoto' is not such a bad idea after all .. a realistic chance of some silverware to add to the Freight Rover ? ..... We would get the trophy presented at the Reebok ! ! ... we'll just have to wait till February 2008 before the home game in front of a full house against premiership giants 'Colchester' for the crowning moment ....

Not getting in to Europe would turn out to be a bitter disappointment after occupying a UEFA spot for the majority of the season, but that in itself just shows how far we have come in the last 5 years. Having said that I do think we that we will have enough to get us over that finishing line and in to Europe, just!

Undies saving up for Europe.

Edited by Underpants

I don't see how people expect us to beat Villa when we havent beaten anything outside the bottom 6 since December and Villa have won away at Boro and Blackburn in their last 2 away games.

West Ham is the game we are most likely to win for me because their defence isn't Premier League standard

We won't be given gifts against Villa and they havent lost at the Reebok in the league since 2002.

Guest The Special One

Same as last year

The club do not want to play in Europe, that would explain Gartsides blase "so what" attitude and why we played a second string team in Bourgas....;.

The club probably feel aggrieved at spending money sending players on planes to play abroad.

I'm not fussed about "how far we've come", the fact is that if we miss out that'll be twice on the trot we've thrown away summat we may never have the chance of again. Plus, lets not forget that finishing 9th instead of 5th blows ?2m in prize money, equivalent to 5000 season tickets!

I'm not fussed about "how far we've come", the fact is that if we miss out that'll be twice on the trot we've thrown away summat we may never have the chance of again. Plus, lets not forget that finishing 9th instead of 5th blows ?2m in prize money, equivalent to 5000 season tickets!

Or ?100 off season ticket prices.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.