Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Concrete Drives

C86

Very sceptical about it. Yes it looks nice but.....as an engineer I think it is something that has been 'invented' to solve a problem that did not exist.

Super expensive and if done wrong is liable to fracture over time due to water ingress and frost. I'm sure there are some very reputable companies doing it, but to be honest any f?ckwit can level fancy concrete and go over it with a glorified tamp, and charge thrice the cost it would for bitmac or paving.

And they are.

As mentioned, slippery as f?ck in icy conditions, and a bugger if you need to get to your drains and services.

The Romans didnt use it, and neither do I.

Block paving is the answer you're after.

http://www.marshalls.co.uk/transform/

Edited by Smiffs

Very sceptical about it. Yes it looks nice but.....as an engineer I think it is something that has been 'invented' to solve a problem that did not exist.

Super expensive and if done wrong is liable to fracture over time due to water ingress and frost. I'm sure there are some very reputable companies doing it, but to be honest any f?ckwit can level fancy concrete and go over it with a glorified tamp, and charge thrice the cost it would for bitmac or paving.

And they are.

As mentioned, slippery as f?ck in icy conditions, and a bugger if you need to get to your drains and services.

The Romans didnt use it, and neither do I.

Block paving is the answer you're after.

http://www.marshalls.co.uk/transform/

ta bud :good:

Block paving would be a better approach- as mentioned, access to your gas/water/drains etc will cause problems.

The service providers may need to dig up your drive for access but they are only obliged to 'make good' the patch they have dug up. Easy for block paving etc but a nightmare if you've had the fancy pants driveway done. You will never get a proper match up and it will look poop.

Block paving would be a better approach- as mentioned, access to your gas/water/drains etc will cause problems.

The service providers may need to dig up your drive for access but they are only obliged to 'make good' the patch they have dug up. Easy for block paving etc but a nightmare if you've had the fancy pants driveway done. You will never get a proper match up and it will look poop.

not bad for bird chained to a sink :rofl: :roll:

You can tell what pillow talk goes on in the C household! Lifts and driveways! :rofl:

• Site Supporter

Then surely if they didn't 'make good' to your satisfaction they'd be on a sticky wicket. Besides that, why couldn't they go down the garden?

Daft thing is, you are responsible for the services within your plot, but they have the right to do to them whatever they like.

And another useless fact whislt I am at it. Did you know the water board could put a sewer right under your front room if they wanted to, and there's nowt you can do about it.

Oh, and another, if you mix bleech with fairy liquid you get amonia.

Then surely if they didn't 'make good' to your satisfaction they'd be on a sticky wicket. Besides that, why couldn't they go down the garden?

Not particularly.

Ive dealt with cases that have ended up with solicitors and still not been resolved to the standard the customer wanted..

The service provider must only make good the patch they dig up.

I remember someone who had (uuuggghhhh) a red tarmacced driveway, it was impossible to get a match considering it was ancient, we didnt know the shade used and she didnt know who had done it.

You would be better off contacting the service providers for copies of maps indicating where the pipes are and where access may be required and planning around that. ( usually around ?20 per provider)

As for 'going down the garden' most originally do- but people add stuff on without thinking of boring stuff like pipes.

One woman had her porch knocked down because they had added onto the front of the house,( reckon the builder mustve been a cowboy who either didnt dig decent foundations to notice the pipes or didnt care anyway)

It can get complicated!!

And yes- all the talk of lifts and driveways in an evening is very erotic. Especially when TSO enchants me with diagrams of mechanics and electrical wiring.

Gosh- im lightheaded now- must return to washing up!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.