Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plan B?

peter crouch!

after watching last night it seems to me that it is a sad idicament of the english game at the moment that he is our 3rd/4th choice striker. people have already posted on here how he looked out of his depth, but it was worth than that!

its fair to say by now that we have a fair idea of what capello looks for in one of his strikers. hence, him discarding owen

quicker than he did than when he was at real madrid.

someone who will ruffle defenders' feathers, lead the line well, be able to hold the ball up and relieve( if necessary) some pressure off the back 4, win free kicks around the edge of the opponents box,run the channels, BE GOOD IN THERE AIR and have something that resembles a bit of pace(as opposed to crouch who who reminds me of spazzy daz on smack, no offence meant...........to daz)

how many times last night did the ball get played upto the yard of pi$$, he caught it on his chest then seemed to inadvertantly

dislocate his knee cap and the ball comes of his shin, possesion lost!

anyway, heres my point. Ive never been a a "fan" of emile heskey, and inspight of critics claiming he never scores enough goals and he has to many "off" days, i can understand why managers continue to pick him because of what he gives to the team as that is the way that capello likes to play.

So with another friendly in 6 weeks, why not gives davies a chance??

all the qualities i mentioned above, he has. much more than crouch anyway and i think alot of people would be surprised at what an able understudy to heskey he would be. as opposed to crouch who is only interested in loitering(like a pervert on queens park) at the back stick for balls floated over.

English strikers in our game are few and far between, much less choice than we have in other positions across the pitch, so he must surely be given a shot??

i mean, jseus christ i saw more of an aeriel threat when robert fleck was at our place than i see in crouch, and fleck was larger in width than he was in chuffin height!!

not saying he is better qaulity than heskey, just saying its a sad state of affairs that crouch is our 3rd best striker!

and if capello is looking for the qualities in a striker i mentioned which it appears he is, is davies not worth 45 mins at least??

Edited by tonykellysbelly

i'll argue all day that davies is better than heskey and crouch put together!!! football is a team game, and davies gives more to any team than heskey and crouch do. they could play for 24 hours and still not hit a cows arse with a banjo!

whether any of them are real international quality or not is another matter.

Edited by trigger

not saying he is better qaulity than heskey, just saying its a sad state of affairs that crouch is our 3rd best striker!

and if capello is looking for the qualities in a striker i mentioned which it appears he is, is davies not worth 45 mins at least??

He's certainly deserved the chance the way he's played/goals scored this year. Last night was shocking really, I know we had a pretty poor team out but at least we could have looked like we wanted to score. Davies would have sh!t them right up, lets see how much time they want on the ball with Super Kev breathing down their neck.

• Site Supporter
And as for that spastic Downing well fcuk me he's about as useful as Smiley in a straight bar

i dont get the whole downing thing, he had a good season a couple of years ago but hasnt played well this season, and i dont think has ever played well for england (that i can remember)

i dont get the whole downing thing, he had a good season a couple of years ago but hasnt played well this season, and i dont think has ever played well for england (that i can remember)

I agree, and the fact that Middlesbrough allegedly turned down a c?10M offer from Spurs completely amazes me

No tricks and no pace. He's like a left-footed version of Beckham, but without the crossing or passing ability.

If he was right-footed he would get nowhere near the squad.

Edited by magic legs

agreed on that lot, downing is a one legged one trick, erm,no hang on , he hasnt even got one trick! pony!

shouldnt be allowed to buy a training top never mind be given one!

hats off to capello, if he does anything decent with the so called international prima donna quality players England have he needs a fookin knighthood! IMO there a bunch of unimaginative flat footed cloggers!

My views on it:

1. Downing is w*nk, like others have said he is only in the team because he has a left foot. IMO Ashley Young should be given a run of games on the left wing and see if he can replicate his club form.

2. Capello seems to have decided on Owen already, for me a fit Owen has to be at least in the squad.

3. Heskey is very under-rated, and playing with either Rooney, or more so Owen he is very effective.

4. Davies is not international quality, HOWEVER neither are Crouch or Cole. Crouch is so over rated it's unbelievable, and Cole was put in because he has had a good run of scoring in his last 7 or so games. Therefore if these 2 sh*tters can get a chance, then Davies should also do. Especially seen as this season he is doing everything he has always done, and is putting the ball in the net as well.

5. Terry is the most over rated player in England, very good in the air, but get it on the floor and he is poor. If Woodgate could stay fit then I would consider partnering him with Ferdinand, (although it will never happen now Terry is the captian, and also the Southern press would rip Capello to pieces with the "dispicable" treatment of their gay idol).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.