Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Megson

I read somewhere the other day about a category of fan; Megson Ultras

I can't think that there are any

There are, probably, 2 camps

1. Hate Megson, no matter what

2. Support Bolton, support whoever is the present manager

He tends to divide the suporters (or the fans divide themselves into the 2 camps, as they do with Muamba), certainly his presence causes much conversation around town

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He tends to divide the suporters (or the fans divide themselves into the 2 camps, as they do with Muamba), certainly his presence causes much conversation around town

It's true.. He is fotball MARMITE

What bothers me is some people on another site are on about buying a 'Megson Out' flag, now thankfully theyre on about unfurling it in the East Stand Lower. If we are divided as fans is it a good idea people should do this, i think not :mellow:

ESL?

That's where I live, let's try to stop it.

Surely they should do it in the West Stand?

PS Burnley to Wembley

I am a bit divided here with this so called flag that some on BN forum (I said it for you Breightmet Boy) are discussing about, as I have read it as well this lunchtime!

On the one hand its wrong because we will look absolutely stupid if the whole world see the so-called divided loyalties for the club

Then it is not going to help the land on the pitch seeing this and especially against Phil Brown's Hull (remembered what happened at hull - he coming home...)

Then there could be real bother between these fans and the stewards

Whilst on the other hand anyone is right to protest but for me before, or after the match would be far superior than during the match no matter what.

What bothers me is some people on another site are on about buying a 'Megson Out' flag, now thankfully theyre on about unfurling it in the East Stand Lower. If we are divided as fans is it a good idea people should do this, i think not :mellow:

If they do and I can tear myself away from the bar, I'll more than likely take my nailscissors to it! They'll probably spell a few words wrong anyway.

I wonder if it'll be eyeliner man! :roll:

Hope they do it near block I :aggressive:

Hope they do it near block I :aggressive:

Where is that? Don't know it by blocks

BTW

I don't know that I've ever disagreed with anything you've had to say, MG.

Must be both taliking shite!

You seem to imply that anyone who doesn't rate Megson highly or criticises him , doesn't support the club and you throw them in the first category whilst the honourable real fans get behind whoever. You really are an ignorant fool.

You seem to imply that anyone who doesn't rate Megson highly or criticises him , doesn't support the club and you throw them in the first category whilst the honourable real fans get behind whoever. You really are an ignorant fool.

you are probably right; but it hasn't disadvantaged me thus far.

Can't see how you arrive at that conclusion from that post, though.

Edited by boltondiver

Where is that? Don't know it by blocks

BTW

I don't know that I've ever disagreed with anything you've had to say, MG.

Must be both taliking shite!

:D

Near the Scoreboard,not that i sit under the scoreboad like

although in saying that the yoof(apart from the bouncy song :nea: ) have

give it a good go this season in the singing department :good:

oh by the way, f off

• Moderators

what makes you think its your right to try to drive the bloke out of the club

you seem to have some misguided view that your opinion actually matters

the only fcukers who matter are davies and gartside

obviously you're better qualified to manage a 60 million business, though thus far id not trust you to tie your own shoes laces

I really don't see how folk think we're in a position where protesting is neccessary. I really don't.

Happen it's just me.

Attention seekers i think, theyre never gonna get their 15mins of fame so have to be detramental and look stupid infront of a large audience. They must think BWFC will die without them :pardon:

what makes you think its your right to try to drive the bloke out of the club

you seem to have some misguided view that your opinion actually matters

the only fcukers who matter are davies and gartside

obviously you're better qualified to manage a 60 million business, though thus far id not trust you to tie your own shoes laces

1) Not driving him out , just voicing my unhappiness but if he proves me wrong then good on him

2) not true, just giving another opinion

3) very true

4) i work for a company registered on the NYSE , financial management is my game, so i have an idea on getting value for money and performance evaluation

1) Not driving him out , just voicing my unhappiness but if he proves me wrong then good on him

3) very true

4) i work for a company registered on the NYSE , financial management is my game, so i have an idea on getting value for money and performance evaluation

Is Mellon in the name of the company you work for??? :mellow:

• Site Supporter

Why should he have to prove you wrong in the first place you fucking puddle of plankton? Why not support the guy as I'm thinking this may help rather than ruin his working days with bitter drivel?

3) very true

So you would sack a manager who has never yet failed to meet his targets at Bolton in the last two consecutive seasons - by keeping us in the Premiership - despite the clubs financial situation being ?53.5 million in debt with liabilities of ?72.7 million to find in the next twelve months whilst at the same time the clubs owner has just lost ?33 million pounds in the last year due to the credit crunch!!!

What do you do in this financial management company listed on the New York Stock Exchange - clean the toilets!?

:blink:

Sluffy how can anyone lose GBP33MM when it was only profit from initial lay out of stocks and shares - in other words lost nothing and he still has his initial principal. He is more than likely already re-couping the profit lost as the markets are steadily, but slowly, rising again!!!

Sluffy how can anyone lose GBP33MM when it was only profit from initial lay out of stocks and shares - in other words lost nothing and he still has his initial principal. He is more than likely already re-couping the profit lost as the markets are steadily, but slowly, rising again!!!

Well for a start I don't know how his fortune is composed or where his losses are from this time last year - do you?

I only know what was recorded in the Sunday Times Rich list.

For all I know he could have liquidated some of his assets to pay his debts - perhaps he has a large property portfolio - perhaps he has invested in companies that have gone bankrupt - or put a wad of money with Bernard Madoff.

Oh and the FTSE 100 was over 6,000 a year ago and closed at 4,425 today - I think it might be quite a while before we see those levels again - don't you?

Did you also notice that today that credit ratings against seven of the country's Building Societies have been marked down and that a quarter of a million people have lost their jobs in the last three months?

I'm guessing Eddie is not as optimistic of getting back his lost ?33 million as you seem to be!

Are you sure you work in a bank?

Well for a start I don't know how his fortune is composed or where his losses are from this time last year - do you?

I only know what was recorded in the Sunday Times Rich list.

For all I know he could have liquidated some of his assets to pay his debts - perhaps he has a large property portfolio - perhaps he has invested in companies that have gone bankrupt - or put a wad of money with Bernard Madoff.

Oh and the FTSE 100 was over 6,000 a year ago and closed at 4,425 today - I think it might be quite a while before we see those levels again - don't you?

Did you also notice that today that credit ratings against seven of the country's Building Societies have been marked down and that a quarter of a million people have lost their jobs in the last three months?

I'm guessing Eddie is not as optimistic of getting back his lost ?33 million as you seem to be!

Are you sure you work in a bank?

and the FTSE was under 4,000 only 3 months ago - so it has risen considerably already!

Yes I had noticed that 224,000 had lost their job but how many people had found jobs during the same period - that was NOT mentioned!

Sales up, Housing up, manufacturing less than anticipated, company losses now beginning to be less than anticipated. Some industries are now rising output due to good exports which is due to the weak pound, number of mortgages being approved is up.

Only natural that banks/Credit ratings do down during a recession - but they are just as quick at going up when coming out of recession as well - so watch that space over the next 18 months!

I do believe that we are beginning to bottom out in this recession and the only way now is back up!

Guest Firthy

Jesus christ.

Guest Firthy
and the FTSE was under 4,000 only 3 months ago - so it has risen considerably already!

Yes I had noticed that 224,000 had lost their job but how many people had found jobs during the same period - that was NOT mentioned!

Sales up, Housing up, manufacturing less than anticipated, company losses now beginning to be less than anticipated. Some industries are now rising output due to good exports which is due to the weak pound, number of mortgages being approved is up.

Only natural that banks/Credit ratings do down during a recession - but they are just as quick at going up when coming out of recession as well - so watch that space over the next 18 months!

I do believe that we are beginning to bottom out in this recession and the only way now is back up!

You're a retard. Your grasp on economics is similar to that of a 17 year old who's just done his first term of an economics A-level and is trying to sound clever to impress his mates.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.