Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

March's Movers And Shakers

Normaly April is the month where all the movers and shakers are sorted out in the league standnings but I think this particular week alone will have a major influence (starting Saturday 6th March(.

This weekends clashes and the coming week:

Arsenal v Burnley

West Ham v Bolton

Wolves v Man U

Sunday

Everton v Hull

Monday

Wigan v Liverpool

Tuesday

Portsmouth v Birmingham (although should be down)

Sunderland V Bolton

Wednesday

Burnley v Stoke

Saturday

Bolton v Wigan

Burnley v Wolves

Chelsea v West Ham

Hull v Arsenal

Results will go our way I'm convinced of it.

Based on what we have seen this season I could only confidently call 4 of those games - speaking for ourselves I think we could get anywhere between 1 and 7 pts from those 3 games.

One thing for sure is we cannot let Sunderland score the first goal after the run they have been on.

Arsenal v Burnley ...............Home win

West Ham v Bolton.............. Away win

Wolves v Man U....................Away win

Sunday

Everton v Hull ..................... Home win

Monday

Wigan v Liverpool................ Away win

Tuesday

Portsmouth v Birmingham .. ........Home win

Sunderland V Bolton ................. Draw

Wednesday

Burnley v Stoke .......................... Draw

Saturday

Bolton v Wigan ......................... Home win

Burnley v Wolves.......................Home win

Chelsea v West Ham ................. Home win

Hull v Arsenal ...............................Away win

We'll be fine :good:

Play positive, keep a clean sheet and let the other teams look after themselves.

I reckon in the next three games, 1st goal is crucial as that should secure at least a point. We're due some goals. Aren't we ?

COYWM !

Eh? So women's basketball is effectively the same as netball? :good:

Just having a sly dig at American sports- their top games being based on games played (almost) exclusively by girls in this country. Ice Hockey should be excluded from the list, as it is a Canadian sport based on the Scottish game of Shinty, a cousin of the Irish game of Hurling. As for American Football; with all that padding for a tame version of rugby..........

Actually, netball started as a less aggressive women's version of basketball, even though basketball was already a non-contact sport. Since then, the men's game has been played by both sexes, whilst netball remains generally women only.

Incidentally, the old joke about American Sports is partially true, as baseball is actually based on rounders, and most closely resembles the Irish version of the game as regulated by the Gaelic Athletic Association, whose other sports are Gaelic Football, Hurling and Handball (a game similar to squash without raquets).

Why's there nowt about Bury in this thread?

cause i aint posted til now. I have a quiet good feeling in my bones, next 3 games 0 to 1 points would be poor , 2 to 4 points would be ok to keep us in the scrap, 4 to 5 points would be great any thing else and we would be well on our way to survival.

and on bury, they will surely just miss out on automatic and get beat on pens in the play offs ....again. nowt else will do!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.