Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Programmes

stevieb

I'm looking for 2. 1957/58 season wolves home. League match and munichs league match home. To complete the full season

Utd at home; last match before Munich?

Got the Port Vale 1973 if you want it ...saw the referee Keith Styles get pole-axed by two large thugs at the end of the game , possibly because he allowed too much injury time as JB equalised late on Got ambushed myself that day had to resort to the 'Ali shuffle ' to get out of trouble.

Sure, I'll take it off you for a pint or whatever.

If we can fix it up on here.

I only keep programmes of new places (or new places with BWFC), 3-4 home programmes per season, plus special matches.

But I am missing these if anyone can supply sometime :-

BW V Aston Villa      Dec 1949 (yeah, you read it right)

Port Vale V BW        April 1973

Bristol Rvrs V BW     Aug 1986  

Hartlepool V BW      Dec 1987

Torquay V BW          Sep 1987

Cheers.

Some good days out there.....

Bristol Rovers...I think our first trip to Bath & one of the first league games played there. The TR double decker coach couldn't get under the railway arches to get to the ground & had to go right back out of Bath & back in  on another road.

Hartlepool...cold,cold.cold with an extra cold wind chill factor coming in off the north sea. Cold

Torquay... I think the game where away fans were banned, but the 30 ish who travelled down all got in, mostly with acquired Torquay membership cards .

Happy days.

oops , with waffling on i forgot, i've got the programmes for Torquay, Hartlepool,& a newspaper thing for Bristol Rovers in a "stuffed in a box for 30 odd years" condition if you want them. (& the Port Vale one )

Edited by bolton va va

Got the Port Vale 1973 if you want it ...saw the referee Keith Styles get pole-axed by two large thugs at the end of the game , possibly because he allowed too much injury time as JB equalised late on Got ambushed myself that day had to resort to the 'Ali shuffle ' to get out of trouble.

I think a ball boy got threatened that day for not throwing the ball back when time was running out.

Loads of trouble that day with Stoke joining up with Port Vale against Bolton.