Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Australia

anewman

• 2 weeks later...

The union boys lost by 3 against NZ and SA. But really they never looked like winning. And that's a concern leading into the WC. Especially as we where at home. Having said that I don't think we are far from where we want to be. When Parling and Co are back we'll be tougher nut to crack.... I hope.

The union boys lost by 3 against NZ and SA. But really they never looked like winning. And that's a concern leading into the WC. Especially as we where at home. Having said that I don't think we are far from where we want to be. When Parling and Co are back we'll be tougher nut to crack.... I hope.

It was our b-team this Autumn, and it was shit, but honestly, the draw is so good we can get away with that.

If we can beat Australia, Wales, Scotland and France, that gets us to the final, then we just have to find 1 good performance at home to win.

It was our b-team this Autumn, and it was shit, but honestly, the draw is so good we can get away with that.

If we can beat Australia, Wales, Scotland and France, that gets us to the final, then we just have to find 1 good performance at home to win.

That's one way of seeing it. Another is that these players, and the noshows, will be the squad for the world cup. When the injurys come then we will have to be better than shit, as you put it.

That's one way of seeing it. Another is that these players, and the noshows, will be the squad for the world cup. When the injurys come then we will have to be better than shit, as you put it.

Well, the standard we played gets us to the final unless the Kiwi's or RSA fuck up and end up in the wrong part of the draw. If we lose by 3 playing this badly, I choose to place my hope in the laughably favourable draw, and the lack of Kiwi bottle.