Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Frank

davidjack

Re. Cantello, I remember after his first few  games where he was absolute shite, he was reported saying in the BEN that he could not adjust to playing the Wanderers style of football.

For me Roy Greaves packing in at the end of the previous season and acquiring him was the start of the 80's rot, oh and also getting a bright back from QPR called Dave Clements who was also effing useless and went on to top himself.

Anyone remember him?

Aye I remember Clements, like Cantello he didn't really want to be here. We were dropping like a stone in 1980. I gave it up on Saturdays to play for a couple of years, when I returned around 1983 we were really dogshit.

Re. Cantello, I remember after his first few  games where he was absolute shite, he was reported saying in the BEN that he could not adjust to playing the Wanderers style of football.

For me Roy Greaves packing in at the end of the previous season and acquiring him was the start of the 80's rot, oh and also getting a bright back from QPR called Dave Clements who was also effing useless and went on to top himself.

Anyone remember him?

His lad is the assistant manager at Real Madrid - or was - dunno if he has gone with Ancelotti.

I remember him getting the ball whacked at his thigh - made a right slapping sound, proper stinger. He turned round the paddock and mouthed 'fucking hell'.

Made me giggle like a schoolboy which in all fairness is what I was at the time.