Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Leicester Fans . . .

madthatter

And therein lies a key problem. If someone started by being dragged to Wembley for Torquay then for the most part they've had an unbroken sequence of "onwards and upwards", Cup exploits, Premier league, Wembley/Cardiff, Europe etc until the last few seasons.

All memorable - but nowt much to remember from the last few bar the collapse. If I survive another 20 years, the thing I'll probably remember most from them would be the scenes in the Brum fans as they escaped relegation at the last minute.

Stagnation is the problem. Few other teams will sympathise as so many are in the same boat. But someone younger than me could have been going for well over a quarter of a century and this would be their first period of sustained stagnation, with nowt to remember from seasons(s). So they'd not be JCLs, and, unlike me and others here,  wouldn't have known the highs and lows of the late 70s and early 80s. But they need some hope....

You almost perfectly described me. My first season with a season ticket was 96/97 (100 goals, 98 points) and I'd been following for a few years before then (I'd be guessing at 22 or 23 years a white so far). Since then it's been generally an upwards trend until the past 5 years.

How many points for running up a fucking huge phone bill ringing club call to see how we had gone on in the Isle of man tournament?

Thank fuck for the internet. I was hooked on that. I used to scream 'come on come on come on' at it to speed up. On the plus side I could probably tell you about every reserve game which was clearly the most important news first ha.

How many points for running up a fucking huge phone bill ringing club call to see how we had gone on in the Isle of man tournament?

Did that at the house we had at uni. Thing was there was five of us who all supported different teams and got sucked in to ringing up to find out which ace trialist had signed. Our phone bill was probably bigger than the GDP of most countries