Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

F A Youth Cup

MalcolmW

Having seen off Blackpool in extra time in round one (attendance 666), BWFC are away to Chester in round two, on Wednesday 16th November at 7.30pm.

On the same evening Boreham Wood FC are at home to FC Broxbourne Borough, plus Morecambe v Accrington Stanley and Portsmouth v Met Police.

The previous night's ties include Mansfield v Dunkirk (who knocked out Coventry City in round one) and Romulus v Oldham, the former having beaten Notts County.

Having seen off Blackpool in extra time in round one (attendance 666), BWFC are away to Chester in round two, on Wednesday 16th November at 7.30pm.

On the same evening Boreham Wood FC are at home to FC Broxbourne Borough, plus Morecambe v Accrington Stanley and Portsmouth v Met Police.

The previous night's ties include Mansfield v Dunkirk (who knocked out Coventry City in round one) and Romulus v Oldham, the former having beaten Notts County.

That tie could get a bit naughty. If the Remus lot join their rivals, Oldham could well find themselves on their toes or even decimated.

My memories of the FA Youth Cup (I know no one asked)?

Sat in the bar at Hilton Park as Jim Conway elected to name 3 subs rather than 5 as Barrow (I think managed by Frankie Bunn) knocked RMI out. One of my fellow drinkers ended up on the bench an hour later.

I put a tie on and everyfink

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

We've played one up striker football for the best part of the last 20 years at League level and I can't remember our youth team having one lad who could play as a one up striker except perhaps Iliev. Normally we have a couple of midgets up front.

A lack of continuity of management doesn't help. Look at those managers who've been around for ages and their influence throughout the whole club. Creates a philosophy from kids to seniors.