Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

End of season do

Wondering if we all have an annual end of season lash up???

Thought it may be a good idea to book a function room in a cheap beer place like a labour club or something for the whole of us to get together. Make it a proper do let families come, get a DJ etc. Then people can go off on the lash later into town or wherever takes their fancy.

Charge say a fiver each n a quid for kids or something, pay for the room and dj out of that. Function rooms cost little to nothing as they reap the rewards in beer profits.

Any money left over could go to w-ways good causes, money for northamptons lassies present, and to anyone else who may need it at the time.

Would have to book asap( im willing to arrange it dependant on interest), function rooms get busy with weddings etc that time of year.

Could have BWFC theme and wear our colours etc. or jazz up and look respectable!!!

How many times do we say we will do it and nothing appears, but if its booked then i will stalk you all to get a ticket. ST can do his lap dancing towards the fund, and im sure there could be other acts out there.Could Tyler do a gig?? Know any good DJ'S.

Id really love this to work out.But if not, at least i tried!!!!

had pm's ( no, not pms!!), regarding this, im going to start ringing around tommorrow to find available places, room sizes etc, as there a fire regulations on how many people rooms can hold. Eg;Tonge ward labour club had 250 in for our wedding reception, and the room costs us ??20 plus ??10 for bar extension till 12. Not the classiest of places, but the cheapness of beer is an advantage. and the cheaper the place the more we have towards the w-ways good causes money pot.

Guest The Special One

Missus c why didn't you just ask me, Astley Bridge connie club is perfect it even has a stage so me fenny billybear ian and brixton can do the full monty.

Guest The Special One

Ok lads and laddies, is everybody serious about attending a do if we can sort out venue dj etc.

I wouldn't want missus c to go through all the hard work and then nobody be intetrested.

I'm up for it and I will fully support Missus C in the organisation if she requires it.

Those interested could you please either send myself or Missus C a PM and let us know if you're coming alone, bringing your partner and any binlids.

If this event means the kids can come to, which I think is a good idea, it may start early enough for the young ones to attend. Then the big ones (Jay C, Ian and co) can slip off for a few ;dd down the road.

Please don't forget, any money left over will be donated to charity.

WWays are now well renowed for raising money for good causes and let us make this an annual event to be proud of.

Keep the date under your hat Happy. If Pablo finds out we are all out at a do on the same night - it will be like Supermarket Sweep in Bolton that night - he'll going from house to house.

Seriously, if things progress, count on me for some support. Are we going to make it a ticket do and have raffles, etc? Think a decent well chosen charity should get some benefit from this. Is the Reebok out of bounds? Would the club not loan a room for free - if we had their buffet?

Reet, Astley bridge conny club is out, they dont rent the room out on saturdays.

victory reform club on chorley new road has 11th june and 18 th available., ??50 for room. ??70 bond ( returnable if we dont break anything), bar extension wouldnt be a problem.

roundhouse ( halliwell social reform club) holds 300 has good function room, stage, dancefloor etc. use of kitchen/cooker etc if we want to put food on. bar extension free of charge till midnight. going in later to see which dates they have available. my mum in law is a member so we would get the room for ??50.bargain. going in tonight to sort out what dates they have.

thing is, would that be too ambitious??? 300 is a lot, we wouldnt have to sell 300 but it is a big room so we would need to really get organised and do this properly,i believe we are capable of doing this,and 4 months is penty time to sort out.

we need to decide on charites, what do we think?, we need to make it for things that are personal to us, leaukemia, meningitus ( trafs little un), etc.

feedback please folks!!!

Is the Reebok out of bounds? Would the club not loan a room for free - if we had their buffet?

Phil Gartside told me at our last do which was located in the Lion of Vienna suite, that he was 'sorry' but we have to charge you even though the do is for charity.

So in a word, no, we'd have to pay for the room.

Advertising

We're looking for people who either own companies or in senior positions that can offer 'cash' for advertising at the charity do.

Company names can be displayed on tickets, posters, tables. Please contact me and we can discuss requirements and costs.

Dates

Please do not request certain dates as you may be on 'holiday' when the event will take place. Someone will obviously not be able to make the date set, but we cannot meet individual demands otherise the do will never take off.

HW - we need to form a committee for this. Workload for one or two individuals is far too much. I can sort out some of the advertising and print, etc.

Need someone to co-ordinate ticket sales.

Someone to organise advertising revenue.

Someone to manage the venue, food, entertainment.

And a treasurer to manage the money.

Wish you'd not started?

How about Bolton Hospice? Its a Bolton charity.

looking to book 28/5,4/6,11/6,18/6,25/6 for the event.

drafted letter to send to all major companies requesting gift vouchers to raffle off, donations, gifts etc.even gonna visit mobile phone shops etc to ask for a phone to raffle off on the night.

missus c is going all out for this.

had several pm,s now re this event and am confident we can make it a good un.

post more info tonight after ive visited roundhouse. bear in mind that this place is pretty near to town centre, and is cheap drinks prices etc.

fingers crossed. please all start thinking of what we can do to make this a special evening.

p.s- im wearing a pinny for this!!!