Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Divorce

Guest harv

Kin Hell, Deja Vou.

Luckily I don't have kids.

MOVE ON SON MOVE ON.

Tell yer mate, I 've got plenty of wank films :D

And the answer is NOT in the bottom of a pint.

ST

Shot through the heart any your to blame.

small cock I heard!

Appreciate what you guys and gals have said on this painful subject.

Spoke to him today and his missus has moved herself into the spare room and the kids are asking why and he has to tell them she has a sore leg.

Kids say he is the best dad in the world (he bloody well is as he would die for his kids)

They ask him where they are going on holiday in the summer and he doesn't know what to tell them.

She told him she didn't love him as she has moved on and wants different things in life (so a nice house,car and stability for the kids aren't enough,sounds like a selfish tart to me)

She says she feels trapped and suffocated in the relationship even though like most men,he wants an easy life and let's her get on with what she wants to do)

Then to stick the knife in even further,she told him she was seeing a bloke over the last few months which she has now said wasn't true).

Not being sexist but she is giving respectable women a bad name.

Feel for the guy as if there were no kids involved,it would be pretty straightforward but with kids involved it is really difficult.

She said she is going to see a solicitor and I have told him he needs to see cab,relate and also get a solicitor and fight the bitch all the way.

But he is more concerned for the kids than himself.

I wont disagree with anyone on here re length of separation needed for the divorce - it seems their knowledge of divorces far outweights mine. im sure that the practicalities of the law are different to law in books, but im a final year university law student. I studied family law last year, including divorce, so i will have a look at my notes and text book.

as far as i remember, it must be shown that the relationship has broken down irretrievably. There is a difference between concensual and non-concensual divorces ie if your friend does not want to have the divorce, there must be a period of separation before a decree can be granted. I will try and find out how long this period is.

However, if you have any access to a solicitor (friend or otherwise), they will know the updated law inside out, off the top of their head.

Appreciate what you guys and gals have said on this painful subject.

Spoke to him today and his missus has moved herself into the spare room and the kids are asking why and he has to tell them she has a sore leg.

Kids say he is the best dad in the world (he bloody well is as he would die for his kids)

They ask him where they are going on holiday in the summer and he doesn't know what to tell them.

She told him she didn't love him as she has moved on and wants different things in life (so a nice house,car and stability for the kids aren't enough,sounds like a selfish tart to me)

She says she feels trapped and suffocated in the relationship even though like most men,he wants an easy life and let's her get on with what she wants to do)

Then to stick the knife in even further,she told him she was seeing a bloke over the last few months which she has now said wasn't true).

Not being sexist but she is giving respectable women a bad name.

Feel for the guy as if there were no kids involved,it would be pretty straightforward but with kids involved it is really difficult.

She said she is going to see a solicitor and I have told him he needs to see cab,relate and also get a solicitor and fight the bitch all the way.

But he is more concerned for the kids than himself.

when i got divorced i spent months blaming myself for everything and months blaming her for everything.

i know he is your mate but 'fight the bitch' all the way wont help him. he needs to decide for himself what to do, Relate would help i aint tooo proud to say they sorted me out. (that and miamiwhite telling every fucker what had happened :D )

if she aint happy with him,kids,hosue etc etc does he realy want her hanging around with that attitude stopping him move on ? if that is how she really feels then it is better to let her go and get on with her life so he can do the same.

with kids involved a situation where mum and dad are fighting in the house or over the phone wont help them so they need to work at keeping things as 'nice' as possible.

Fruitbat;

I'm in my final year at university, studying law, and next year will start my training as a solicitor (queue abuse). i mentioned before that I studied family law last year, and we looked at divorce. I had a look at our text book and the relevant statutory provisions. As regards you friend's situation:

Mate of mine has been married 15 years and has a couple of kids.  

He has never cheated on her (so he tells me) or been violent to her.  

Out of the blue a couple of weeks ago,she said she didn't love him and wanted a divorce.  

Mate is gutted as loves her to bits and thinks the world of the kids.  

He is willing to try anything to save his marriage and keep his family together but she is stubborn and says no.  

He doesn't want a divorce.  

Can he be forced into a divorce or can he delay it for a certain period of time to see if he can persuade her otherwise ?  

He doesn't see why the kids should suffer  

Are there any legal eagles out there that can help.  

BY THE WAY IT IS NOT ME UNLESS THE WIFE KNOWS DIFFERENT

As I said, law in practice isnt necessarily the same as on paper, but the law as i have been taught it is that if your mate's wife has no grounds for showing that the marriage has irretrievaly broken down through his Adultery, behaviour or desertion, then the divorce can only be granted after a period of separation. This period is 2 years if your friend consents to the divorce, or 5 years if he does not want the divorce to go ahead. (but if the pair reach 2 years of separation and his Mrs still wants a divorce, is it worth delaying the process 3 more years?)

I am in no way qualified to give you legal advice, and I would not purport to do that, but that is the law as i understand it. I would again suggest that your friend seeks some legal advice before he makes any fixed decisions.

Hope it helps. Good luck.

Fruitbat, when you sit down with this mate of yours and offer him advice - will you tell him that some of it came from people you have never met in life from the internet - some of these people being hardened criminals, hooligans, bigots, policemen, drunks, druggies, goatfondlers, computer nerds, scaffolding skivers and keyboard warriors?

I just wonder if he will take a blind bit of notice. That's all.

Fruitbat, when you sit down with this mate of yours and offer him advice - will you tell him that some of it came from people you have never met in life from the internet - some of these people being hardened criminals, hooligans, bigots, policemen, drunks, druggies, goatfondlers, computer nerds, scaffolding skivers and keyboard warriors?

sums up u all in 1 :D/

:D

sums up u all in 1 :D/

:D

And Fenians

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.