Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Beach ball sales hit record LOW

Smiley

Only 4 sold! Job lot on Ebay later - 996 BWFC European Tour beach balls. Will accept ??50!

Hope the club can live with themselves when they realise they dicked a very worthwhile charity with this one.

Not sure if or how Evening News will run the story now. They are in bed with BWFC and won't want to harm that relationship.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 4 sold! Job lot on Ebay later - 996 BWFC European Tour beach balls. Will accept ??50!

Hope the club can live with themselves when they realise they dicked a very worthwhile charity with this one.

Not sure if or how Evening News will run the story now. They are in bed with BWFC and won't want to harm that relationship.

Behave yourself - BWFC's "guidelines" will mean fook all. If certain people can get flares into the ground then beach balls will be a piece of p??ss.

Anyway, when in Portugal who will have payed attention, remember, or even have seen their "no beach-balls" rule? Or be sober enough to give 2 Michael Johansens??

DON'T PANIC!

right having just read the article - it says they will be confiscated - as will umbrellas, etc. if its pissing down, a number of fans are likely to turn up with brollies - and expect they will be confiscated. fine.

turning up with a deflated beach ball - I cannot see a problem.

if you inflate it - it becomes a ball - and is deemed as an item that is can be confiscated.

do people honestly believe that the Portuguese police are going to be wasting their time chasing 1,000 beach balls around the stand?

I think that list from BWFC is just a generic list of items and I for one don't think they are trying to prevent us from having a "ball of a time" out there.

as long as fans don't take them into the stadium inflated - I see no problem.

do you think a bike pump will be considered as an offensive weapon?

Will mail you in the morning to arrange pick up of my 10 as agreed.

I equate the club telling me i cant take a ball into the ground with them telling me I wont get into Bulgaria without a ticket.

I was on the official trip and nobody asked me if I had a ticket.

You will definately be able to get the beach balls into the ground.

Can you really see the local police wanting a load of hassle over beach balls.

I was in Portugal for the euros last year and the police in Lisbon and Porto and Coimbra were so laid back.

Everybody should buy these balls. Apart from the charity thing (which is great) 1000 of these things will just look so good in the wanderers end.

Behave yourself - BWFC's "guidelines" will mean fook all. If certain people can get flares into the ground then beach balls will be a piece of p??ss.

Anyway, when in Portugal who will have payed attention, remember, or even have seen their "no beach-balls" rule? Or be sober enough to give 2 Michael Johansens??

DON'T PANIC!

indeed - after all they said anyone suspected of being drunk wouldnt get let in Istanbul. Now I was feckin leathered and as the photo shows was right next to the coppers, but they didnt do owt. I suppose if I'd have whipped a beach ball out they'd have pummelled the fcuk out of me :^o

besiktas1.jpg

Guest squidgy66

besiktas1.jpg

Dunno who the man in the black is - But I'm the one directly behind him. Can't even remember him!! I know there were a few turks on the row infront of me. Have you superimposed that to confuse the shit out of me? :-k

I still want mine. In fact even more so now its a challange to get them in the ground!

But, the club said you couldnt travel to Bulgaria/Turkey without a ticket - no one checked mine. You couldnt go to Bulgaria without Travel insurrance - again no one checked. You couldnt take flares into Plodiv - well at least 100 got theirs in! Dont go down the side streets in Turkey, the first thing EVERYONE did including the stewards was wander down the side streets looking for a Pub :D

Master Plan!

All inflate them and bounce them over the stand from outside the ground into our end and walk through the turnstile with turned out pockets looking innocent  :D/

yeh but you might get done for chucking stuff. The best way would be to inflate them then open the valve a little bit and let them fart their way over the wall like guided missiles.

There will not be a problem. We will get 99% of these balls in no worries. Stuff the deflated Beach Ball in your sock, pocket, grundies (I cant not much room), under yer hat etc they take fcuk all room up when deflated and no one will suss even if your get a 'pat down' by a gimp on the gate. If its owt like Bourgas you will be able to walk in with 1 under each arm 'inflated'!

Anyway I say approx half to be used in the square and approx half in the ground and save at least 20 for each plane on the way home (I dont think the pilot would mind do you!). :D/

• Site Supporter

besiktas1.jpg

Who's the girl about two or three in from left? Who's hand is she holding and why is the hand she's holding coming from between her legs?

Also, I really did think the bloke second right back row had a dust-mask and ear defenders on! Then realised it was the SkyOne logo.