Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

is marseille dangerous

Guest azzbwfc@hotmail.com

Guest azzbwfc@hotmail.com

i got told that all the english goin 2 the south of france in feb that there is a consideralble health warnin

morrocuns/tunisians

Guest Uncle_Northy
i got told that all the english goin 2 the south of france in feb that there is a consideralble health warnin

morrocuns/tunisians

](*,) ](*,)

Dont you remember world cup 98

I was there in 1998 for the Tunisia game and its a place where if you want trouble you`ll get it. Marseille has a large population of North African immigrants. The night before the game some English lads took a proper hiding off the locals and a couple got stabbed.

During the game there was a riot on the beach.

We also said similar things about Istanbul and look how well that turned out.

Go out there to enjoy yourself, have a laugh and stick together. Then you shouldn`t have any problems.

I work with a women who was born and brought up in Marseilles, when I posed a similar question to her she repled that it is not as bad as anyone makes out. Of course there are parts of the city that you don't go to, just as you would in any other large city with a big immigrant population. The city centre and old port area are rather touristy and trouble free. Then again if you go round shouting 'Osama' at the natives and 'If it wasn't for us you'd be german' you might get what you are looking for!

Certain parts of Marseille are very dangerous actually.

The A50 motorway can be potentially suicidal for stiltwalkers in rush hour and the main TGV train line into Marseiile is electrified: so be careful.

At the end of the day, Blackpool/ Bolton/ Chorley/ Preston are fecking dangerous if you go in the wrong areas/bars etc and start mouthing off.

You just have to mind where you go. Everyone said that about Istanbul, and if you wanted trouble, you could have found it easily. But those others there will agree with me that we had a crackin' laugh by staying in a pub, havin' a good laugh with the locals and not being stupid.

i went over for the semi final a couple of years ago (toon v marseille). it was quality, best away trip ever.

the 'cafe marseille' is jumping before the games, and the atmosphere was amazing. its a little hostile, but there wasnt any trouble.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.