Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Guest hammers

If the official away attendance was 1,700 then thats still 600 more than you brought down to us in August and over a 1,000 more than you will have on Wednesday night.

• Site Supporter
If the official away attendance was 1,700 then thats still 600 more than you brought down to us in August and over a 1,000 more than you will have on Wednesday night.

And?

Ahh, but are we not a small town club?

Our attendance is irrelevant. I was merely pointing out that you were talking of how huge you were before the cup game at the Reebok.

Guest hammers

Our attendance is irrelevant. I was merely pointing out that you were talking of how huge you were before the cup game at the Reebok.

Who said we were a huge club, certainly not me.

Medium sized club, always have been, always will be.

No shame in taking almost 2k on a 200+ mile away trip for the 3rd time in 4 months.

Who said we were a huge club, certainly not me.

Medium sized club, always have been, always will be.

No shame in taking almost 2k on a 200+ mile away trip for the 3rd time in 4 months.

and on average earnings compared to exchange rate from north and south you come up here and drink ale at ??1.80 when your used to ??2.70 we have to come down and pay ??2.70 so on average earnings it cost us more to come and watch you shandy drinkers so go and get your barrow and push it down the old kent road, we invited your lads up to are club and there was no show (shandy drinkers) tara :D

I was at Upton park with my daughter In august and what a fine time we had too =D>

Shame your away end is bobbins though [-X

All that money you have and you only have 2 decent stands. :-k

Think you need to get a proper ground sorted out [-X

• Site Supporter
AND IT WAS ONLY 1500

1497 actually...

i had 3 away ticket for 3 hammers that cancelled the trip last week, so gave 2 to a couple of lads at work (one dunt watch footy and ones an everton fan) and the 3rd is still in my pocket now...

Guest hammers
To be fair the point isnt that West Ham brought 1.5k or however many, but the fact they were on here when we played them in the cup mouthing off at how their away following was huge etc. when really they had all come up for their cup final! :-$  :-#  :D

1.5k (if that is official, I heard its 1.7k) is still not bad for our 3rd trip to the Reebok in 4 months.

I dread to think how many you would bring down to us if the tables were turned...

To be fair the point isnt that West Ham brought 1.5k or however many, but the fact they were on here when we played them in the cup mouthing off at how their away following was huge etc. when really they had all come up for their cup final! :-$  :-#  :D

1.5k (if that is official, I heard its 1.7k) is still not bad for our 3rd trip to the Reebok in 4 months.

I dread to think how many you would bring down to us if the tables were turned...

About 4 men and a dog!!! :D

The irony being WHU fans came on here last week saying 'all these nurvern muuuugs have no sense of humour'.

Hmmmmmmmm :-k

PB

You know we don't die - yes, we multiply

Lets not get into another shite debate about attendances and who is the biggest club. It has been said before and it bores the feckin life about me.

If we have 1000 there on Wednesday, i will be amazed. (I for one, wont be going)

• Moderators

we get bigger crowds than Juve

they once had less than 10,000 on for a Champions League match

maybe nearer 5,000

this though is because every game of theirs is on TV

and because they have fans all over Italy bar Turin

• Site Supporter
we get bigger crowds than Juve

they once had less than 10,000 on for a Champions League match

maybe nearer 5,000

this though is because every game of theirs is on TV

and because they have fans all over Italy bar Turin

and thats even with tickets costing anything from ??6 to ??60 depending on where you sit/stand?

Guest hammers
Lets not get into another shite debate about attendances and who is the biggest club. It has been said before and it bores the feckin life about me.

If we have 1000 there on Wednesday, i will be amazed. (I for one, wont be going)

Considering you only brought 1,100 down on a Saturday in August, I will be surprised if even half that turn up Wednesday night.

WHU are not and never will be a 'massive' club neither will the Wanderers.

Both teams have attendances fitting for the catchment area, saying that WHU have a slightly bigger catchment area, but like I said neither are massive.

Let this debate fizzle out as it's getting boring now 8-[

• Moderators
To be fair the point isnt that West Ham brought 1.5k or however many, but the fact they were on here when we played them in the cup mouthing off at how their away following was huge etc. when really they had all come up for their cup final! :-$ :-# :D

CORRECTAMONDO

Cup final for west ham

even though they deny it.

why else would you go from 5000 to 1500 ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.