Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

west ham fans

pardon

Made me chuckle of Talkshite this morning. They had sent there resident Spam fan to report on this match and he called our support (which was totally jusitified) however he went on to say how great the Spams was.

If you add a 1000 more to the Bolton total this is what they brought to the Bok on a Saturday, then the crowd would still have only been 25k.

Not saying two wrongs make a right, or that it justifies our pitiful following, just highlighting the fact that the Spam support may not be as great as we are led to believe....

Guest hammers
theres more west ham fans on here then there was in the ground .

24.000 ,six thousand down on capicity :-k

are they wigan fans in disguise :-$

Get your facts straight pal.

Capacity is 35k, so thats 10k empty seats. 8k down on this seasons average.

Probably 1k of empty seats around the Bolton end.

We STILL had double the amount of home fans you managed in the first game, despite it being midweek and on Terrestrial TV...

Guest hammers

And funnily enough, all our home LEAGUE games left this season have sold out, bar one.

You get less crowds in the cups and so do we, just not as bad as you...

Guest hammers
Still didn't sell out though - which for the team that won the World Cup is piss poor n'est pas?

Who said it would sold out?

Once it was put on TV, I always said a gate of around 25k would be about right.

Guest hammers
but we dont claim to be well supported...

Well, we are officially the 10th best supported team in England...

Blimey, bored of talking about attendances?

Start a new thread on the very subject.

How does that work?

Nah, you're right, poorly supported team us - must be dozens of teams who've not won anything for 26 years, just sold all their top players, complete dissilusionment with the board, but would still pull 33,000 against Bradford City on a Tuesday night in the pissing rain, after a poor start in a lower division.

But you ARE right, it's boring, and pretty much a circular argument, as there's some on here that think Chelsea are a well supported team. *snigger*

THE MOON IS MADE OF CHEESE

*lobs flare*

And funnily enough, all our home LEAGUE games left this season have sold out, bar one.

No they've not, you lying git.

I think you'll find that they have:

Portsmouth - SOLD OUT

Man City - SOLD OUT

Charlton - NOT MANY TICKETS LEFT ACCORDING TO TICKET OFFICE

Liverpool - SOLD OUT

Tottenham - SOLD OUT

But to be honest I agree this whole talk of attendances is rubbish.

No they've not, you lying git.

I think you'll find that they have:

Portsmouth - SOLD OUT

Man City - SOLD OUT

Charlton - NOT MANY TICKETS LEFT ACCORDING TO TICKET OFFICE

Liverpool - SOLD OUT

Tottenham - SOLD OUT

But to be honest I agree this whole talk of attendances is rubbish.

To be honest I misread the post at first - perhaps Mick did too?

Thought he said games already played - not games left to play.

Guest hammers
I did - I'm a knob - I apologise.

Well done for holding your hands up.

Home games we have sold out already this season:

Blackburn, Arsenal, Boro, WBA, Man U, Newcastle, Wigan, Chelsea & Sunderland.

Plus at least another 4 would make 13 home league games sold out over the season (thats 68%).

Guest hammers
but we dont claim to be well supported...

Well, we are officially the 10th best supported team in England...

Free coaches to Man City :rofl:

So what?

We would still take more there than you would have...

yes we're running free coaches to citeh

that's a good thing isn't it?

6,000 tickets to a game in Manchester at 8Pm on a Monday night needs every encouragment even for our world beating super terrific better than everyone else in the world support, it's very unlike the club but I imagine Pardew wants to pull every stop out to get the best possible crowd, all power to him for that

I have no idea what we'll bring, it might be poor, it's a rotten fixture when the game is on telly, anyone that wants any sort of excuse not to go has it, suspect it'll beat your turnout last night though, all respect to those that travelled from Bolton

I'm going to City, on one of them thar free coaches, seeing as I'm broke, a day off on Monday and a couple of hours sleep before work on Tuesday

bring it on, can't wait

I think Charlton do it to scavenge support from surrounding areas

a lot of the smaller teams in their hinterlands go apeshit about it

I frankly was stunned when I found out about it this morning, and my ??20 note allocated to the previously cheapest possible tranport was swiftly retrousered

And if it gets a few hundred more jolly boys there on the night in the mood to support it's money well spent

One thing, it's free but if you don't turn up, they charge you ??20, work that out

Guest Herts Hammer

I can understand the ??20 bit.

I'm going to the game, and will probably drive myself there as the Upton Park departure and return doesn't really suit me geographically.

However, I have a doubt over access to a car suitable for such a journey. Only a small doubt mind, but one nontheless.

So, with the coach travel being free on monday, I could book a ticket on the off chance I find myself sans motor on monday morning.

Obviously the club have to book enough coaches, and don't want to be left lumbered having to pay for 3 or 4 coaches for people like me who may or may not actually use them.

This coming from the same set of fans who claimed that they'd sold the whole away end for the league game at Reebok just the website had not been updated. :-k :-k :-k

Guest hammers

This coming from the same set of fans who claimed that they'd sold the whole away end for the league game at Reebok just the website had not been updated. :-k :-k :-k

Look on the now updated official site or in last nights programme, if you went.

Or just look at the attendances if you prefer when we get to the games.

Either way, 4 out of 5 home matches left are Sold Out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.