Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crouch

Guest The Special One

Guest The Special One

you are f??ckin hopeless

Free header on the back post and mr 50p head squares it ](*,)

When Crouch is heading the ball, he just lets it hit him, he does not get anything behind it!

He is a useless c??nt

Defending and attacking it's the same either way - he stands there like a gormless tw??t

Good players attack the ball / space

Crouch stands and waits

useless c??nt

It's so frustrating to watch players get the chance to cross and Crouch in the middle just standing still, when he should be getting across the defender or pulling away to the back post

He really is not up to the required standard

I can't help but think of Klinsmann, he was not the biggest but was an expert at losing defenders just as the cross was going to come in. THAT is the class you need to win world cups. Not a 6'7 park player who has Southampton, QPR, Villa etc on his CV. It's a joke that after five years, this is the best Sven can muster.

ps Darren Bent is twice as good in the air as Crouch, as well as being quicker and a better goalscorer

Shearer, Sheringham.....how good were these 2 with the head, even Fowler, and Les Ferdinand!

Seems to be a bit of a dying art heading, not that many top strikers do it well anymore!

• Moderators
ok does not win world cups

i think you'll find it often does

if 7 or 8 are ok, 2 are good, and one is world class - especially if that one is an attacker - that can be enough

if 7 or 8 are ok, 2 are good, and one is world class - especially if that one is an attacker - that can be enough

Let's put it this way - when France won it I thought (at that time) Djorkaeff was 'OK'

But he was clearly on a different level to Crouch

The weakest players in that French team were probably Petit, Djorkaeff, Karembeu and Dugarry...hardly Peter Crouch material.

He is way below the required standard I'm afraid and even worse he makes the others play worse too, tempts them into crossing from bad angles and hitting long balls from the back.

I've no problem with him coming on as an 'impact' sub but starting? That is sad.

I would have took Bent, Phill Neville (only for his ability to play right back) to free up Carragher for centre back. And Nolan or Reo-cocker instead of Jenas!

• Site Supporter

The problem with Crouch is he is used as a target man with high balls but he doesn't know how to head a ball. England's second goal last night fortunately went to Gerrard who showed he could put power into a header. Had it gone to Crouch he'd have done his 7 year old schoolboy type header where he shuts his eyes and just lets the ball hit his head!

Give us 25 examples then?

Impossible there have not been 25 World Cup finals.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.