Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Horses To Watch Out For

Mounts Kipper

Impeller will win races, but its career average is only 1 win every 10 races. An 8 year old now with just 8 wins from 81 races. Good for an eachway bet though, with 29 place finishes in those 81 races.

quite right traf, impeller does often start at big odds in a lot of the big races around 1 mile 2 so always worth backing e/w at big odds.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quite right traf, impeller does often start at big odds in a lot of the big races around 1 mile 2 so always worth backing e/w at big odds.

Won at the following prices: 5/1, 4/1, 14/1, 13/2, 4/1, 14/1. 14/1 and 12/1

Placed at the following prices:

11/4, 16/1, 12/1, 20/1, 25/1, 8/1, 16/1, 25/1, 4/1, 7/1, 9/1, 11/1, 10/1, 22/1, 8/1, 7/1, 11/2, 11/2 and 11/1.

Well worth an eachway/place bet.

A ?5 eachway bet on every race Impeller has run (all 81 of them over 6 years!) would have cost you ?810.

The returns would have been ?920: a 14% profit.

Edited by Traf

I,m Spartacus privelidge to a bit of inside info on this horse, was a group 3 winner on the flat so always been a class act, unfortunately the previous trainer nearly ruined the horse and it was very ill for 18 months, since changed to Evan Williams and is looking like a top class hurdler won as it pleased in 2 of the last 3 races, inbetween beaten over a trip now considered to far and on ground too soft(burntoak boy won race and cantered in at cheltenham next time) the horse may go to punchestown festival and do not be afraid to back E/W in very good races.

another one to keep a close eye on is Si Foo, ran well for a long way in a big race at lingfield, with unfashionable trainer and should be placed to win again at what could be decent odds.

In the same race Cesc ran poorly, but jockey explained that horse lost it's action, I would ignore this run, it is declared to run later this week, might be worth taking a look at.

A good shout this.

The race was the Spring Cup, and the winner (Mark Johnston's Hinton Admiral) may prove to be a class above the rest of the field that day. Si Foo ran very well despite being well out of it at the weights. He's pretty unexposed and would very interesting in a handicap, though his breeding (by Fusaichi Pegasus) and his "unfashionable" trainer (Andrew Balding? Bit harsh, Mounts!) ought to ensure interest in him isn't limited to Napsters Corner.

Si Foo runs in the 5.30 at Newmarket today(SP forecast 12/1). Hinton Admiral (out again in the 3.10 so keep an eye on that one) let the form down a bit when a well beaten favourite in a listed race last time out, but Si Foo should still be worth a look. The drop back to six furlongs should suit, and he has the same ground today as he had when he won on his only previous start on turf last season at Windsor.

Si Foo runs in the 5.30 at Newmarket today(SP forecast 12/1).

Si Foo should still be worth a look. The drop back to six furlongs should suit, and he has the same ground today as he had when he won on his only previous start on turf last season at Windsor.

Right thats it enzo gambaro, after reading your Grand National tip and now reading this about having a dabble on Mount Kipper's horse.

I have decided to have a bet today.

?20 E.W. on Si Foo (5.30 Newmarket) =D>

I'll have a tickle for fun as well..............?5 E/W

I ended up having 10 e/w, and it came 4th of 18 :yahoo:

Willhill.com ended up returning me ?45 as I had taken the odds of 15.0 :good:

Cheers Enzo, I owe you a beer!

I'm sure Mr Zozzy is also equally as happy

p.s. I was especially pleased as I didn't think I would get paid for 4th place

• Site Supporter
Right thats it enzo gambaro, after reading your Grand National tip and now reading this about having a dabble on Mount Kipper's horse.

Placed at 10-1.

Enzo I will be putting my mortgage on your next tip..... No pressure :good:

Thank you very much enzo and Mounts I won ?30 on the bet.

I watched the race in the bookies and although it was quite a long way behind the winner, it was finishing better than any of the other 17 in the race. It looked like it could win with an extra furlong.

=D>

One of Mounts' tips, Cesc, is out again today in the 2.10 at Newbury. The Lingfield Spring Cup form isn't looking too bad now despite Hinton Admiral's failure to win on his subsequent two outings. Fares (6th in that race) won his next start, Aahayson (10th) and Si Foo (8th) were second and fourth behind the smart-looking Sakhee's Secret the other day, and Fishforcompliments has since run a decent third in the Feilden Stakes. Cesc was well down the field that day at Lingfield, but wasn't actually beaten all that far. Plus, as Mounts said in an earlier post, the horse was reported to have lost his action, too. He was beaten a short head last time out in a muddling three runner race that can be all but discounted, and he could easily reward each way backers today at an SP forecast (mind you, when are they ever right?) of around 20/1.

enzo I'm not backing Cesc. I can tell by your tone of voice when to follow your advice, and when you are just hopeful/pissing against the wind.

I have this paranormal gift of reading people's true feelings on an internet forum.

enzo I'm not backing Cesc. I can tell by your tone of voice when to follow your advice, and when you are just hopeful/pissing against the wind.

I have this paranormal gift of reading people's true feelings on an internet forum.

I'm always pissing in the wind, Zozzy.

Fortunately, the breeze occasionally abates sufficiently for me to avoid a soaking!

regarding the spring cup form and subsequent runs of Hinton Admiral, I would say do not loose faith with this horse, it was running against decent older horses at the wrong time of the year, as hinton admiral matures and gets stronger it will turn this form round and should win a good handicap race at least.

Mounts,

Whilst I appreciate this excellent info you're giving us, you should cover yourslef slightly by explaining that these horses may still need a few outings before hitting peak form.

These horse's will win it is upto the individual person to choose when they wish to back them, you and I can only point people in the right direction, some commonsense needs to be applied when backing horses, as I have said before my rules on betting are never back less than 7/2 and if possible back at odds of 5/1 or more and as a saver back each way.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
WIND STAR good performance against older horses, one to keep an eye on, ran 3 rd to barbarelli with shy glance subsequent easy winner in behind,ran well when fav on reapperarance at ponte, race was run in quick time.

2nd at 28/1 in the zeland gold cup, I got 33/1 Each way.

:yahoo: