Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brierfields

OK.... I'll admit it.... I dont post on here a lot.... dont think I actually have.... but I read stuff daily.... so to post I guess I must be really pi**ed off....

Just a quick warning and moan.... went to the Brierfields on Blackburn Road last night..... just done it up.... table booked for 9 oclock.... got there a 8 with the misses and a few buddies... not a seat in the place.... then the table was over half an hour late.... then they tried to overcharge by..... 70 quid... yes.... 70 quid.... and it was only on the 3rd attempt they got it right... anyone thinking of trying the place dont bother !

Cheers for the advice.

I've heard its meant to be well worth a visit since it was done up.

I'd advise San Marino (the former Wrights Arms) - top food, top prices, top totty working there!!! Excellent restaurant. Phil Brown was in there last Sunday in his pin-stripe suit and pink shirt!

Cheers for the advice.

I've heard its meant to be well worth a visit since it was done up.

I'd advise San Marino (the former Wrights Arms) - top food, top prices, top totty working there!!! Excellent restaurant. Phil Brown was in there last Sunday in his pin-stripe suit and pink shirt!

I've heard mixed reports on San Marino's, they tried to serve my missus a raw sea bass.

4 of us went to that house on the A6 a couple of years back when it opened. After cocking our reservation up we got our table nigh on 2 hours late, it wasnt even set, and there was a pile of filthy tablecloths at the side. I refused to even sit down, told them it looked like a fcuking zoo, and walked out without paying the bar bill we had built up waiting.

Never been back, and we spend a fckuin lot in restaurants.

went to thatch and thistle again on the A6 the other night (not a bad place until then) and it was dogshit. slow service, under/over cooked food and they turned my 'duck pancakes' into a gristle and mushroom slop.

Now I dont care for gristle too much, but I'd rather eat my own shit than eat mushrooms.

Smiffs, is it you who writes The Independent on Sunday restaurant reviews?

"The starters formed an eclectic bunch. My foie gras was ever so slightly undercooked yet it's texture was faultless. On the back of the palate, alas, there resounded a slightly peppery aftertaste that was somewhat unwelcome. My friend Nigel had the minature baked sea bream on a bed of shaved beetroot and asparagus caviar in a creamy pak choi sauce. It looked rather appetising and the presentation could only be described as wonderfully delicate, but frankly I'd rather eat my own shit than eat beetroot."

I had my first meal at the Koffee Pot since it was refurbished on Wednesday.The clientele were 20 something students,travellers and goths apart from me and my companion in office clothes.

The tables have the same shiny red plastic covers but there's a big tv at the kitchen end of the cafe which had one of the music channels on.The biggest changes were that the staff were all male and they bring your knife and fork,rather than you picking them up when you order.

For my dinner i had a full english for ?3.99,you got one spicy pork sausage.a fried egg, beans,half a tomato,a nice thick slice of black pudding,one hash brown and 4 slices of buttered toast.

It was a good meal,better than the Big Breakfast at Morrisons.

My only complaint was that i had drunk my mug of coffee which is included in the ?3.99 before my meal arrived.And i wasnt that thirsty.

Sounds like a beltin' neet George.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.