Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

1st Round Draw

Darwen

Does anyone know what date it is?

Want to book the day off work to get cheap flights

Thanks

How much do you earn in a day? Taking a day off will add around ?80 on top of your flight plus you would have lost a days holiday.

BTW just look at Berts website under 'Links'. Everything is on hand in the forums if you just take the time to click and look rather than post.

of course, and also the "duvet days" that we're entitled to as well

Arh, yes. The duvet days.

I swear, some people must work for latter day Scrooges.

Either way, back on topic. I shall be the fastest finger on 31st!

Taking the day off wasnt much use last time.

We drew a team from Plovdiv,expected to play in Sofia for a while but then ended up on the other side of Bulgaria.

This is exactly the route that zozzytours? took. Straight after the draw was made we looked on the map for the nearest airport to Plovdiv and booked for 10 of us to Sofia. A couple of days later we found out that the ground wasn't up to Uefa standards.

We sorted out the little challenge by booking a taxi to Bourgas/return to Sofia while we were still in England. The minibus taxi arrived at the airport shortly after 1.30am as arranged, and took us the 450 miles round trip to the other side of the country and back about 3 hours after the match.

We didn't have anywhere to sleep apart from the taxi and it was only a 9-seater and Pete the driver stopped 7 times on route(and we had a pint of lager at every stop) but that was all just part of the experience.

The full story would take another 2 pages, I met some great lads and I wouldn't have swapped it for anything.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.