Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ricardo Gardner

Should Ricardo play?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 year later...

I couldn't vote for some reason. But I would have chosen full back.

Why start to upset our team at this stage of the season.

Don't try to fix something that ain't broke.

Candela can warm the bench if necessary.

I don't think we should have to accommodate him. If its about picking teams to accommodate players, than Bruno or Ben would be playing full back with Jaidi back in the starting XI.

Ricardo Gardner is one of the best left backs in the Premier League.

His pace is blistering, his passing has improved considerably and while he's no Stuart Pearce in the tackle, if you do manage to beat him he'll catch you anyway.

In fairness, I don't think he's anything special as a winger, nor do we play wingers, but as a fullback I think he's one of our best players.

I assume this thread is a joke? ](*,)

• Moderators
Ricardo Gardner is one of the best left backs in the Premier League.

His pace is blistering, his passing has improved considerably and while he's no Stuart Pearce in the tackle, if you do manage to beat him he'll catch you anyway.

i agree completely

i think ricky can not defend, but neither can hunt or jd and coke.

given jussis lack of confidence and inability to control his area we have a real struggle on our hands not only saturday but for the rest of the season.

when you also consider j-j is a show pony and the other midfielders are past it things just get worse.

diouff is a disgrace to football, stelios a dwarf, henric too slow

and as for rhino up front......................

given the boards lack of ambition i am thinking of changing my colours.

all together now

BLUE MOON YOU LEFT ME STANDING ALONE..............

• Moderators
i think ricky can not defend, but neither can hunt or jd and coke.

given jussis lack of confidence and inability to control his area we have a real struggle on our hands not only saturday but for the rest of the season.

when you also consider j-j is a show pony and the other midfielders are past it things just get worse.

diouff is a disgrace to football, stelios a dwarf, henric too slow

and as for rhino up front......................

given the boards lack of ambition i am thinking of changing my colours.

is that on 'cut and paste' yet ian?

Look at the date of Midland's post.

A bit naughty Zozzy. [-X

I know Midland has not really ever rated Gardner - I wonder if that has changed?

I think Gardner has been fantastic recently. I always thought him a bit of a rough diamond at left back but he is proving himself there now.

I think Gardners best position would be one that we don't currently use, that of a wing-back.

I think both he and Hunt working as wing backs with 3 centre halves would be excellent, as both can motor "up and down" the pitch all match, and have the pace to get back and cover as and when required.

I don't see us ever playing a 3-5-2 type formation in the near future though

• Site Supporter

gardner has the ability and stamina to play wingback from leftback, if ya know what i mean, like roberto carlos.

but i just dont think sam allows the fullbacks such freedom to get forward.

ive lost count the number of time ive shouted at hunt/garder to overlap and get the by-line, but they just get to the halfway line and stop unless there's adequate cover in defence.

• Site Supporter

gardner usually says "sorry man, i'm not allowed to that"

hunt just tells me to fcuk off and proceeds to describe how he's a famous footballer who earns more in a week than i do in a year.

hunt just tells me to fcuk off and proceeds to describe how he's a famous footballer who earns more in a week than i do in a year.

surprise you can here them whilst munching on your prawn sarnies! :D

• Site Supporter

surprise you can here them whilst munching on your prawn sarnies! :D

i know, i'm lying really, as if we shout and scream in the east upper! [-X

Guest thewand

Not one to sit on the fence but.. i think ricky can attack and defend so either way lets just be greatful we have bambi on ice in the side instead of sitting in the stand with his buggered knees

Also i managed to get my usual seat for tomoro in ESL unlike where i was against Fulham where altho still in ESL i was sat with the biggest set of numb nuts ive ever come across, i was sure i was sat in the away end due to the abuse given to henrik, jay jay, henrik, nicky hunt and henrik.

On telling one bloke to shut the fcuk up, he appologised and HE claimed HE was an idiot! didnt really need to say out more!

Long live the goal machine!!!!!

To totally contradict myself, Stelios has made himself look a right gary neville for 'most' of the season. i hope you see my point!!

Personally I'd prefer Ricky as left wing ahead of Candarel "tastes like sugar". When Hunt went off v Newcastle and RG moved to left back we lost our outlet and ultimately our way in the game.

When we've "done" Arsenal before it's been by gettin the ball wide into the spaces and running at them as well as the usual long ball punts.

However, RG doesn't worry me as a left back - I just think we're a more difficult proposition with him further forward. For one thing the lads got an engine and can attack and defend - him and Nolan are "busy" which is needed to stop Arsenal settling on the ball....

Just my view like,,, :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.