Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sammy Lee's Bolton Vs Chelsea

TroySwoosh

I'm drunk and I've partaken in the wacky baccy, but...... I sat and watched the drivel that was supposed to be a premier league football match tonite, and I wondered..... the team that sammy lee put out against chelsea in his last match in charge, how would that game have gone tonite? we would have beaten them 3-0 ala reading at home! Megson is too defensive for my liking, WBA fans warned us of his fear of conceding, well it's true! I thought our performance against chelsea under sammy lee was a huge improvement, and now I see after our last few games under megson, that not only was it a huge improvement, it was a better team!

STRIKER NEEDED URGNTLY!!

Meite and Diouf started v Chelsea and could not have played tonight Sammy Lee or no Sammy Lee.

Campo started v Chelsea and could have played tonight.

Anelka started v Chelsea and would not have been here tonight for Megson, Sammy Lee or anyone.

Otherwise, we were unchanged tonight from that game.

I agree when we played Chelsea, I thought we had turned the corner, the football was attacking, interesting and exciting. Even though we lost, I felt like I'd enjoyed a home game for the first time in a long while.

The last 4 home games however, have been boring, negative and tedious to watch.

I think if Lee had been given the chance, we would have been OK.

Edited by lancaster _white

One swallow does not make a girlfriend.

Lee's wholesale changes to 1st team and formation was too much too soon.

Megson has come in and had steadied the ship. Anelka wouldn't have scored tonight , but we had to try to sort out the defence first. Stop leaking the silly goals.

The problem I see is that Megson is now messing about with the formula that got us 4 home wins on the bounce.

Bring back Campo, put Guthrie back into the middle as he is wasted out wide. JOB & McCant dont cut it.

Why is it when it starts raining some Bolton fans start building and ark.

We were shite last night, and for the past few games.

We miss Diouf who has the cutting edge going forward. Before Anelka, we haven't had an out-an-out striker for a long time.

What we did have was a match winner or some one that could carve out a chance from nothing. We need a new Djorkaeff/Okocha.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.