Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Free Coach To Spurs - all systems go

chorley

If the 'freebie fans' are too late to get a ticket F*CK 'EM. If they don't want to pay a few quid to get there and get behind the lads then it's tough Sh!t.

These are the same people that want BWFC to shell out ?5million+ on players and pay them ?40,000/week wages with the risk of the club going bust, but they aren't prepared to spend ?20 for travel :angry:

I doubt 20,000 away fans paying for travel would help the club pay wages. The cost of away travel is mostly covering the cost of the coach. Not a huge profit maker.

However, I agree that fans should not moan about us being poor, when we don't fill the ground.

This is why I can't understand why Eddie is getting such abuse. He has been a legend in my eyes. Every bit as good, and more than JJB King Whelan. At least Eddie never comes out making false promises

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and I don't think they did, in the sense that we woud've sent tickets back for not selling out the whole upper tier and these would've been then sold to home fans (a speculative judgement admittedly)

posting overall attendances though doesn't prove anything, in fact, 78 less fans could suggest we didn't sell out given there'd be more home fans at the utd and liverpool game as there wouldn't have been any segregation in the lower tier, if you're going to prove it sold out, you need to show stats of how many fans we took compared to how many we're allowed in the upper tier

and even then, in any of the previous seasons, there'd be nothing to suggest taking an allocation of 1000 tickets was short sighted on our part, in fact, probably optimistic if the decision was made pre west ham

Some more gates from Tottenham league games in 2005/06

Liverpool 36,148

West Ham 36,154

Arsenal 36,154

Man Utd 36,141

Bolton 36,179

Chelsea 36,077

So Tottenham got a bigger gate against us than arguably their 5 most attractive matches of the season.Their biggest gate that season was 36,247 against Everton.

So that is another season when Bolton must have over 90% filled the upper tier if not sold it out.I don't have statistics for away support at Tottenham but there couldn't have been banks of empty seats in the Bolton section for the crowd to be bigger than sell outs against Arsenal/Man Utd etc

If Bolton had announced 3 weeks ago that travel to Tottenham was free,they would have filled whatever the full away end holds at WHL imo.

Maybe not if we hadn't beaten West ham and Boro,but we did.

This game is similar to the one away at Southampton in 2002/03 when there must have been around 2,000 without free travel.

Edited by george

Some more gates from Tottenham league games in 2005/06

Liverpool 36,148

West Ham 36,154

Arsenal 36,154

Man Utd 36,141

Bolton 36,179

Chelsea 36,077

So Tottenham got a bigger gate against us than arguably their 5 most attractive matches of the season.Their biggest gate that season was 36,247 against Everton.

So that is another season when Bolton must have over 90% filled the upper tier if not sold it out.

Have we taken more than the initial allocation of 1,000 to Spurs?

Possibly all the other teams in that list had the 3,000 away fans in WHL, where we only had 1,000. Therefore in our game there was 35,000+ Spurs fans but only 33,000+ in the other matches

• Moderators
Have we taken more than the initial allocation of 1,000 to Spurs?

Possibly all the other teams in that list had the 3,000 away fans in WHL, where we only had 1,000. Therefore in our game there was 35,000+ Spurs fans but only 33,000+ in the other matches

precisely

I doubt we've ever taken the full allocation of upper and definitely lower tier at spurs

which is why they'd get more against us than others, because their fans will snap up any tickets we don't sell and get more in the lower tier plus less segregation - I reckon you could get 1700-2000 in the upper tier but I doubt we've ever taken that many

we may have be given 1000 in the past and sold them all, which may constitute a sell out, but it's not like we've ever been clamouring for tickets there

as for the 2005/2006 season, it was on SKY on a Sunday so I very much doubt we took that many

My advice for anyone that doesn't already have a ticket is to travel down anyway, and get to outside White Hart Lane early doors looking for the touts. You often find them down there.

I did exactly that for the game when Okocha ran the show. I was sat/stood behind the goal that Nolan scored at, in the middle of the 'Yid Army'

Regarding the free travel, I would have gone to Villa, Boro, Spurs and Chelsea even if we were in Derby's position (bottom and already relegated). Do you not think it would have been a better gesture by the club to offer free transport for fans travelling in that situation? It wouldn't have cost much that's for sure.

Edited by Zozzy

My advice for anyone that doesn't already have a ticket is to travel down anyway, and get to outside White Hart Lane early doors looking for the touts. You often find them down there.

I did exactly that for the game when Okocha ran the show. I was sat/stood behind the goal that Nolan scored at, in the middle of the 'Yid Army'

Did you?

a) Jump up and celebrate wildly

b ) Keep yer f?ckin gob shut

c) Didn't realise we'd scored, cos you were having a pint at the bar

PS - Answer in 24 hours please ::::::lol::::::

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.