Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Carling Cup Draw - Jasper Carrot

MOOSE36

i reckon 2000 but we will have to wait and see i guess , i think your being a bit optimistic with ?5 for adults more than likely ?10. i didnt mean we would make a mint i just meant that we would probably have the same amount of people coming whoever we played but if it is a small team then they might be more eager to bring a 5hit load but like i said i suppose we will have to wait and see.

i reckon 2000 but we will have to wait and see i guess

It would be nice if they did bring that many, but I fear you are being wildly over optimistic, they lost to Middlesbrough at the same stage last year (2:0) and the total crowd was only 11,686 - I will be suprised if our crowd is a lot different to that. I'll stick with them bringing 500 tops

They also only average 4000 for home games as well (although they did get 4700 on Saturday just gone), so I don't see 50% of their regular crowd deciding to travel to Bolton Wanderers for a Carling Cup game

Edited by CWP

We actually played them last in 89/90.

Lost 3-0 at home! This was shortly after the Swindon cup marathon. It was Nicky Brookman's last appearance for us!

Won 2-0 away, Thompson and Darby.

Neither game sticks in the memory.

Bobby Barnes scored a hatrick for them, no?

they lost to Middlesbrough at the same stage last year (2:0) and the total crowd was only 11,686 - I will be suprised if our crowd is a lot different to that. I'll stick with them bringing 500 tops

I don't think we'll get anywhere near that. It'll be less than 5,000.

I reckon 11,914 will be there (768 Northampton). It will be raining. We will win 2-0, ?10 for adults and ?1 for kids

Ipswich at home in the 3rd round, and 22,614 turn up to see the return of a certain Iv?n Campo Ramos :roll:

Does anybody else remember going to Northampton when one side of the pitch was cordoned off with a rope & they had no stand there?!

Aye. The cricket pitch. It pissed down if my mind serves me right and our two goals came in the first and last minute. Also remember the BobbyBarnes game at home a few seasons before.

I predict a cup upset on the cards.

Aye. The cricket pitch. It pissed down if my mind serves me right and our two goals came in the first and last minute. Also remember the BobbyBarnes game at home a few seasons before.

I predict a cup upset on the cards.

Ah yes, the cricket pitch. It was a last minute winner & it pissed it down all game in a completely open end behind the goal. Those were the days. Didn't Paul Comstive get the winner??

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.