Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Only One To Blame (megson)

_AP_

As gutted as i am, no one was to blame. We're playing the best team in the world, without a full squad. We did well to keep it 0-0 for so long. Given our current circumstances a hell of alot of teams would have folded prior to half time. The lads did a performance worthy of wearing the shirt.

I cant believe that we ended up with 3 centre halves, 2 full backs, & defensive spoiler.

Why was Ricardo taken OFF.

MEGSON I have no confidence in your management so please fall on your sword.

Agree same as the Everton game - 15 minutes to go they make a double positive substitution,what do we do ,we take Ricky off and put a centre half on

Megson seems incapable of making the right decisions

That doesn't suprise me.

Something tells me that had we snatched it in the last minute, you wouldn't have made a thread on here entitled, "Only One To Praise (megson)".

Funny that.

But that was unlikely with the tactics of negative Muggo.

So what you mean is, if we get relegated no one can criticise the manager because had we stayed up he would be praised. Yeah that's logical.

Agree same as the Everton game - 15 minutes to go they make a double positive substitution,what do we do ,we take Ricky off and put a centre half on

Megson seems incapable of making the right decisions

I thought Gardner was injured - didn't he go straight down the tunnel for treatment rather than go sit on the bench?

That being the case who would you have brought on?

As gutted as i am, no one was to blame. We're playing the best team in the world, without a full squad. We did well to keep it 0-0 for so long. Given our current circumstances a hell of alot of teams would have folded prior to half time. The lads did a performance worthy of wearing the shirt.

Indeed

Comments on a Liverpool forum whose fans were arguably as interested in the match as us.After the goal...

"O'BRIAN ... ive never seen someone make that many mistakes as a defender."

How come no one mark Berba?

because two people who were on tevez fell over and the guy marking berbaf<>kingtov went to tevez

Poxy defending

How the f??k do you get caught light at the back in the 90th minute?

Bolton should have had at least 4 men in the box. F<?king ridiculous.

Well done Gary Megson, give a f/>king defender from the Russian League his debut when under pressure with about 10mins left, f<.king genius you ginger piece of filth.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index....opic=235743.760

Couldnt have put it better myself

But that was unlikely with the tactics of negative Muggo.

So what you mean is, if we get relegated no one can criticise the manager because had we stayed up he would be praised. Yeah that's logical.

No, you've misread and/or totally missed the point.

When we lose it's Megsons fault, when we win it's everybody but Megsons fault.

If you're not going to even make a token effort of being even handed in your praise/criticism for Megson, then theres no point bothering.

Comments on a Liverpool forum whose fans were arguably as interested in the match as us.After the goal...

"O'BRIAN ... ive never seen someone make that many mistakes as a defender."

How come no one mark Berba?

because two people who were on tevez fell over and the guy marking berbaf<>kingtov went to tevez

Poxy defending

How the f??k do you get caught light at the back in the 90th minute?

Bolton should have had at least 4 men in the box. F<?king ridiculous.

Well done Gary Megson, give a f/>king defender from the Russian League his debut when under pressure with about 10mins left, f<.king genius you ginger piece of filth.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index....opic=235743.760

They say Michael Shields is innocent too.

I wouldn't believe all the opinions you read on a Liverpool football forum George!

I'm not usually optimistic, but here goes ....

A lot of fans seem prepared to write off the 10 games against this season's big-5, which is just as well considering we've taken no points so far & scored only 3 goals.

OK then, we need survival points from the other 28 games.

I make it we've played 22 games of which 8 have been top-5 games. So we've taken 23 points from 14 games (with me so far ?), meaning we're on target for 46 points. Don't know about you lot, but I'd take that now - this instant.

The fly in the ointment of this scenario is that our ability to create enough chances and score enough goals doesn't seem to be improving (unless we have a couple of midfield/scorer signings to come this transfer window). And we need to win more home games (6 defeats in 11 games).

Anyway here's hoping ....

If he`s signings were that good we would not be in the position we are. Eight goals at home all season is a poor show.

Beer swiller

Why do you always put Beer swiller at the bottom of your post? You post under the name of Beer Swiller for all to see anyway???

Only scored 8 at home so far - true.

Who have we played

Stoke 3-1

WBA 0-0

Arsenal 1-3 (fifth)

Blackburn 0-0

Everton 0-1 (sixth)

City 2-0

Liverpool 0-2 (second)

Chelsea 0-2 (third)

Portsmouth 2-1

Wigan 0-1 (seventh)

United 0-1 (top)

So I make it played six, lost six - against the top seven sides (for 1- against 10)

and played five, won three, drawn two - against the rest (for 7- against 2)

Not a bad record in my opinion.

Edited by Sluffy

FUCKING SHITE.....

And we didnt sign Denilson cos he`s a "flair" player, think we needed one today, we looked clueless going forward..

how did 3 centre halves leave Berbatov (overpaid bag of shit) on his own in the last minute...

DISGRACE.

Edited by gaz_jones

FUCKING SHITE.....

And we didnt sign Denilson cos he`s a "flair" player, think we needed one today, we looked clueless going forward..

how did 3 centre halves leave Berbatov (overpaid bag of shit) on his own in the last minute...

DISGRACE.

Do you mean the Denilson who failed badly in the Arab league, Major League Football and a very weak Brazilian league - and who has not done anything of note for at least eight years?

Do you mean Berbatov the striker that the League and European champions paid ?30.75 million to strengthen them?

Disgrace - do you mean losing to the reigning World Club Championship Team (and who are currently top of the league) with a last minute goal with a team starting a youngster and a loanee who as only just arrived (and another loanee on as sub for an injured Gardner) because at least three of our regular first team are injured?

"FUCKING SHITE", do you mean your post - because if you do then at least we agree on one thing.

No, you've misread and/or totally missed the point.

When we lose it's Megsons fault, when we win it's everybody but Megsons fault.

If you're not going to even make a token effort of being even handed in your praise/criticism for Megson, then theres no point bothering.

I have tried to be even handed in the past but my faith in Megson's tactics is now none existent. Yes I'm disappointed with the result today and there were still some individual player positives but patience with Megson is exhausted. I know a lot on here seem to think it their duty to defend him but what system are we playing? Kevin Davies as a defender? First half all Uniteds play went straight past (or around) him. Why is our movement off the ball so poor? Where is the width? How where we supposed to score when we broke forward with today's set up? These are all questions we have been asking most of the season.

I can't shake the feeling that the only teams we have beaten this season are those that are in a slump at the time (City,Boro,West Ham), not playing for their manager (Sunderland) or pure luck (and Jussi granted) in Hull. Megson wasn't a genius then and he sure isn't one now. I agree with Mounts, Megson is not up to it. Frustratingly I think we do have some decent Premiership quality players, pity Megson doesn't know what to do with them.

• Members

Everybody knew a few weeks back that we had a bunch of tough games coming up where we were unlikely to get owt. Much as I hate losing to the red filth, just have to get over it and have a look where we are after the next 5 or 6.

Quietly optimistic things will improve because Megsons mindset won't be about stacking the defence and hoping for a 0-0 draw. Hopefully, he will think some of these games are winnable and go looking for the win.

Edited by bolty58

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.