Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Our Support

roybarker

Having a ground that holds 25k holding a world cup game is fucking pathetic, the minimum should be 50k / 60k. Bollocks to legacy and all that shit, football is about bums on seats, it always has been and it always should be. If there are only 6 grounds that are big enough then play all games at those six grounds and let fans watch footall gaqmes apose to locking lads out because they want to develop football in Timbuckto. If it comes down to ammount of toilets etc then its a fucking joke, thats what fucked the new Wembley up, It should have been 120k no frills!

They should play it at the 10 prem grounds that are big enough, with very little Cooperate tickets being given away.

But clubs building big white elephants, putting themselves / Councils' even more in debt is not the answer.

Plymouth, MK Dons, and the like should all just fcuk off. Nothing Clubs, that have give nothing to Football. London / Manchester / Liverpool / North East / Birmingham is the ONLY places games should be played.

They should play it at the 10 prem grounds that are big enough, with very little Cooperate tickets being given away.

But clubs building big white elephants, putting themselves / Councils' even more in debt is not the answer.

Plymouth, MK Dons, and the like should all just fcuk off. Nothing Clubs, that have give nothing to Football. London / Manchester / Liverpool / North East / Birmingham is the ONLY places games should be played.

First on the list Old Trafford to reward the Mancs for their unflinching support for the national team. :roll:

First on the list Old Trafford to reward the Mancs for their unflinching support for the national team. :roll:

BUT, what they do in Europe, give's England more Seeding points, and higher FIFA Ranking, and the dozens of TOP draw players that turn out for England.

Decent numbers last night from Bolton. I was right in the middle and couldnt see many empty seats.

Big queues for the cash turnstiles.

Always a big factor imo.

Even when we were taking big away followings to every footballing backwater. If a game was made all ticket, the away following dropped 20/30%ish.

Bolton fans just aren't geared up for applications, priority sales periods and stamped addressed envelopes.

....Bolton fans just aren't geared up for applications, priority sales periods and stamped addressed envelopes.

Or attending home FA cup games, that are on TV :)

And I think it's an self addressed envelope, no stamp required.

Edited by cbwfcd

Or attending home FA cup games, that are on TV :)

And I think it's an self addressed envelope, no stamp required.

I'll take your word for it mate, never bothered with any of that.

As for home Cup games, they need to be included on Season Tickets. It's the only way to get folk to turn up.

This topic has been endlessly debated, and yes the number against Spurs was poor. However, there is no amount of onlined based analysis that is going to uncover the real truth, we are still a town team surrounded by a huge amount of other clubs. Forget the size of the town and the possible support; we simply don't have the catchment.

Having said that, parents are down this week and even my mum said 'bloody hell, that looks embarassing on TV' and she wasn't talking about the second half. Given the price of the ticket I thought more would have gone. If it had been on the Saturday I'm sure another 5k would have come.

But, I'm in no postion to slag off our support, I'm back home every three or so months and i'll go to every home match that falls when i'm back and I went to most London matches before the kids came along (more mid week london matches though would be great!) For those that went, fair fcuks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.