Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Iphone

BWFC = Priceless

Upgraded my 3G to the new version 4 software and it's fucking shit slow. Anyone tried it on a 3GS.

Just downgraded my 3G fom OS4 back to 3.x - sooooo much more responsive.

If apple get a version of OS4 that actually works on the 3G, I'll upgrade it again, but otherwise it stays on this version.

• Moderators

Just downgraded my 3G fom OS4 back to 3.x - sooooo much more responsive.

If apple get a version of OS4 that actually works on the 3G, I'll upgrade it again, but otherwise it stays on this version.

It's reet if you do a restore and clean install, although there's no real advantage to installing iOS4 that I can see.

With the PDF problem I guess they'll be rushing 4.02 out soon.

It's reet if you do a restore and clean install, although there's no real advantage to installing iOS4 that I can see.

Did that and while it was better, it was still too much of a PITA to actually use. I missed more than one call because the unlock slider decided it needed 15 seconds to actually answer the call.

Can't say what its like on 3GS or 4, but on the 3G it was a disaster for me.

• 2 weeks later...

My iPhone 4 has finally turned up 6 wks after I ordered it from Vodafone, they reckon they tried to deliver it for 4 wks

Anyway

You can't actually use it until you plug it into a computer/laptop and use itunes etc apparently

And I broke my laptop on Friday night trying to download a service pack thingy for Windows Vista and now it won't even start up Windows!

So I still can't use the bastard phone

Brilliant