Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Swansea 3 Wanderers 1

Ratwhite

My thoughts based on Saturday and the last few games.

I thought at half time on Saturday that we would get something from the game, the red card changed that.

Kakuta is the new Riga

Mark Davies and Pratley aren't very good at tracking midfield runs

Pratley has had his run of games now hasn't done enough for me

Mark Davies is something of an enigma

Muamba should be starting

It was nice having pace at left back for the first half, maybe Alonso can start on Sunday

The bottom half of the premier league is poorer than ever. Swansea, Norwich and QPR are all poor and will get caught out, wouldn't surprise me if two of the three go down. Blackburn, Wigan, Wolves and us also look poor sides but we can stay up by virtue of other poor sides.

I'd stick with Coyle because most of the other choices (managers that might actually come to us) send shivers down my spine and they'd be likely in the same position in 18 months time. Any decent manager would want his head checking coming to a BWFC where the last two managers were given 2 years before being chopped when the fans turn on them.

I thought at half time on Saturday that we would get something from the game, the red card changed that.

Kakuta is the new Riga

It was nice having pace at left back for the first half, maybe Alonso can start on Sunday

The bottom half of the premier league is poorer than ever. Swansea, Norwich and QPR are all poor and will get caught out, wouldn't surprise me if two of the three go down. Blackburn, Wigan, Wolves and us also look poor sides but we can stay up by virtue of other poor sides.

I'd stick with Coyle because most of the other choices (managers that might actually come to us) send shivers down my spine and they'd be likely in the same position in 18 months time. Any decent manager would want his head checking coming to a BWFC where the last two managers were given 2 years before being chopped when the fans turn on them.

Great post

Kakuta is the new Riga

Fair points, though i would differ slightly in that i thought we were a bit fortunate to be level at half-time & even with 11 men it was only a matter of time before it was going to go tits up ...the sending off just speeded things up.

I'd also agree that it's hard to pick an alternative to Coyle, but Saturday's game made Coyle's failings very obvious & the fact that he doesn't seem to be improving...

- we set up with 5 in midfield to stop Swansea's passing game i suppose..fair enough..but why the fcuk was our best ballwinner & man-of match in the previous game, Muamba ,not chosen for a situation that was crying out for his spoiling abilities ? This would also have allowed Mark Davies to play in a more attecking role that he is better suited to..square pegs & all that.

-Once again, as soon as we went behind the game was over & even when we were gifted a goal we never seriously looked like fighting back. I hate the fact that we have become such a spineless team.

-The substitutions were baffling & again make you wonder about Coyle's tactical ability. Kakuta didn't appear to be sure which way we were kicking & spent most of the time facing our goal & bringing on someone as immobile as Klasnic when we're down to 10 men was laughable.At least Kevin Davies would have given us the option of going route one & roughing up a few defenders. Klasnic contributed nothing.

• Members

& bringing on someone as immobile as Klasnic when we're down to 10 men was laughable.

At least it curried favour with the spastics in the Flying Flute who'd been chanting his name for the previous 10 minutes.

Maybe it's because I wasn't drinking but I actually thought that, as you say, Davies would've been an understandable substitution. You'd imagine Davies might run around, tackle....... try.

Klasnic is always good bet to score ... but only if we have to have the ball first. We had precious little of the ball.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.