Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Martin O'neil

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter

Mr Brazil (of Talksport fame) Said he had been talking to the above. Mr O'Neils words "I'm Refreshed and ready for the right club".

Should fat Phil be making the call before Makem Ellis Short beats him to it???

Can't think of any aspect of BWFC that would resemble the "right club" to O'Neill

Spot on there - the thing that really pisses me off is that a couple of years ago it might well have been a very attractive job. Once SA had gone instead of taking time, looking for the right man, Scroteside did the 'Bolton' thing and went for the 'cheap' option. That egotistical dickhead is as much of the problem as his shite managerial appointments.

Scroteside? Please tell me you didn't really say that? As for Oneill, has he really been waiting for the right job or has applied and not got them?

Though I'm not sure he'd be a bad appointment. If even a mere woman can see what we're doing wrong, he should be able to improve the team

• Site Supporter

Can't think of any aspect of BWFC that would resemble the "right club" to O'Neill

+ Premier league status

+ Decent squad of players (with Mears and Ricketts expected back over the next month)

+ Bottom eight times all capable of losing to each other, still only 2 points off the position that what keep us up.

+ Cahill likely to be sold so should have 5-9m to hopefully spend on a few additions

+ Holden and Lee back for next season

+ Still in FA Cup

That's a start

Spot on there - the thing that really pisses me off is that a couple of years ago it might well have been a very attractive job. Once SA had gone instead of taking time, looking for the right man, Scroteside did the 'Bolton' thing and went for the 'cheap' option. That egotistical dickhead is as much of the problem as his shite managerial appointments.

Oh FFS how old are you?

At the time it made sense for Sammy Lee to step in continuity etc and the general consensus on here and other forums was that it was a good move.

Megson wasn't popular and done for a reason but he over stayed his welcome once he'd stabilised the club.

This time last year and when we go the semi final there were folk praising Gartside for appointing a decent and manager and the man he should've appointed at the time he chose Megson only to recommend him to Burnley a couple of weeks later.

Sammy Lee made sense?? absolute bollocks. Continuity at the managerial level took us from Ian Greaves to div. 4 -thats how fuckin old I am. Megson was a shite appointent and wasted ?40m - we will be lucky to get our money back on Cahill in Jan. One more thing I don't remember anyone screamin' for Coyles appointment, and I for one thought it was a 'populist'/'old boy' appointment, and he was too, and still is, inexperienced for us

Sammy Lee made sense?? absolute bollocks. Continuity at the managerial level took us from Ian Greaves to div. 4 -thats how fuckin old I am. Megson was a shite appointent and wasted ?40m - we will be lucky to get our money back on Cahill in Jan. One more thing I don't remember anyone screamin' for Coyles appointment, and I for one thought it was a 'populist'/'old boy' appointment, and he was too, and still is, inexperienced for us

so you're old enough not to be using cringe worthy playground names like 'scroteside'.

I suggest you look back through the archives on here as to how folk felt at the time of the Lee and coyle appointments.

Eddie Davies paid ?5m for cahill are you really suggesting we'd get less than that for him?

Ok lets call him Gartside - its his, and his cohorts, crap appointments as manager since SA, that have us where we are. Lee was NOT wanted by anyone I go the match with, it was a 'here we go again' internal appointment and no amount of checking how many people wanted him can disguise he was the disaster he proved to be. NO-ONE wanted Megson except Gartside, and Coyle was an appeasement appointment. I didn't want him and a good few people I know had serious misgivings - He was and still is too inexperienced. I'll bet you that we will take ?7m max for Cahill in Jan. if he goes, everyone knows his contractual situation and would be fools to pay more.

And Gartside IS an egotistical scrote who is in it for himself and his place on the FA, who is as much to blame as his appointments,

Unlike you I've seen and experienced the slide before, It aint pretty and it aint fun - thats why I'm as pissed as a pissed thing at the thought of it occuring again.

Edited by mannyroadsouth

Ok lets call him Gartside - its his, and his cohorts, crap appointments as manager since SA, that have us where we are. Lee was NOT wanted by anyone I go the match with, it was a 'here we go again' internal appointment and no amount of checking how many people wanted him can disguise he was the disaster he proved to be. NO-ONE wanted Megson except Gartside, and Coyle was an appeasement appointment. I didn't want him and a good few people I know had serious misgivings - He was and still is too inexperienced. I'll bet you that we will take ?7m max for Cahill in Jan. if he goes, everyone knows his contractual situation and would be fools to pay more.

And Gartside IS an egotistical scrote who is in it for himself and his place on the FA, who is as much to blame as his appointments

which would be a profit on what we paid.

As for your Gartside comments it's very much against what other folk have said.

He's BWFC through and through as is Eddie Davies.

We struggle to get 20k BWFC fans through the gates every week, our ticket prices are amongst the lowest in the top 2 divisions leading to a shortfall in finances as shown in the massive debt and yet through Gartsides egotistical scrote-ness we've stayed in the top flight for over 10 years. Ahead of teams with bigger followings and a higher profile like Leeds, The Sheffield Duo, Forest etc etc

But nowhere near the ?17m buyout clause in his fast disappearing 'I can walk for nowt soon' contract,

If you think it was Gartside and not SA that kept us mid table or above you are deluded. If you don't like 'Scrote' choose your own term of endearment,

and it is precisley because we have seen the Sheffields, Leeds, Charltons, Coventrys that it really sticks in the craw to know that will probably happen to us - I don't want it to.

But nowhere near the ?17m buyout clause in his fast disappearing 'I can walk for nowt soon' contract,

If you think it was Gartside and not SA that kept us mid table or above you are deluded. If you don't like 'Scrote' choose your own term of endearment,

and it is precisley because we have seen the Sheffields, Leeds, Charltons, Coventrys that it really sticks in the craw to know that will probably happen to us - I don't want it to.

You really dont grasp the point in buy out clauses do you? It's set at a point higher than the players true value. Because the club would rather keep him so if you want him you have to pay over the odds to get him.

I never said Allardyce didn't keep up us above mid table, he was a massive part of getting the club to be an established premier league club however with out PG's help I doubt he'd have been as successful.

However it's now 4 years since Allardyce left and we're still (just about admittedly)a premier league club

Mr O'Neils words "I'm Refreshed and ready for the right club". Should fat Phil be making the call before Makem Ellis Short beats him to it???

No. Not unless Martin O'Neill is interested in offloading the rest of the high earners, trimming the wage bill and working with the money he brings in from player sales.

Megson's gardening bill, backroom severance, compensation to Burnley, new contracts to OC and new backroom staff. Yep, you're spot on kiddo, the cheap option.

Haven't you got any homework to finish?

Okay as you are obviously not over blessed in the understanding dept. I'll spell it out for you. When Sam Allardyce left Gartside went straight for an untried and never been a manager before option in Sammy Lee. It was the 'cheap' option at the time and as you so rightly point out has cost us subsequent millions. Internal managerial promtion at Bolton has seen us in Div. 4 - fancy that again?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.