Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Parking ticket advice

worthy10

20 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

The £10m was the period Apr2022-Sept2023.

The council say the signs are fine.

The council said the signs were fine in 2018, when they were found to be inadequate.

I dont know what, if any, changes have been made in the interim period.

Surely if they were inadequate in 2018, generated however much in fines, they'd sort it so they then couldn't rack up 

I'm sure in five years of there was still a problem it would have raised 

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

The bus lane signs starting just north of Atherton and running up Newbrook Road, St Helens Road and Derby Street has very prominent signs which are fucking huge but they don’t seem to get people to use that part of the road for driving in outside of the stated times.

This I have a massive problem with

There's a road near me on the way up to Oldham. Section of it is two lanes with the inside lane a bus lane in both directions. Signs clearly state bus lane 7am-10am and 4pm-7pm

The amount of abuse that I've had for driving in the bus lane when IT'S NOT A FUCKING BUS LANE AT THOSE TIMES 

5 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

There's a road near me on the way up to Oldham. Section of it is two lanes with the inside lane a bus lane in both directions. Signs clearly state bus lane 7am-10am and 4pm-7pm

The amount of abuse that I've had for driving in the bus lane when IT'S NOT A FUCKING BUS LANE AT THOSE TIMES 

When Iived near Hull, had the same 

I'd drive in the bus lane because I could 

No one in it 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

The £10m was the period Apr2022-Sept2023.

The council say the signs are fine.

The council said the signs were fine in 2018, when they were found to be inadequate.

I dont know what, if any, changes have been made in the interim period.

I got done on there when I was bored and went for a drive in to Manchester in lockdown to see how dead it was 

Can't say I noticed any signs but my issue was I'd driven down there 00s of times when it was ok and didn't know it had changed so was in auto pilot and as it was so quiet wasn't paying attention to signs

• Site Supporter
On 20/12/2023 at 19:34, MancWanderer said:

Absolutely!

Same on the way into Bury on the A58.

Depending upon the time of day when I used to take him into college, I would take the inside as it wasn't a bus lane at that point.

You'd think it was Moses driving, the way the other cars would all move out.