Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Jermaine Beckford

Warby78

• Site Supporter
What I meant is that maybe if Elmander had 4 such opportunities he'd have put one away too. Or 2, or 3.

Or Beckford playing for us on Saturday may have got one chance and missed it.

A seemingly prolific striker bought in may not be the panacea some people are expecting.

how about davies?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elmander has had how many opportunites to score since arriving?

Two answers to that IMO:

1) enough to have scored more goals than he has

2) isn't part of a forwards job to create his own chances

This may surprise a few but I am a little more encouraged with Elmander so far. The two 'real' chances he has had to score this season he has got into the channel but dragged his shot past the far post. I can't recall him getting into similar space in the penalty area for most of the second half of last season. Still poor to not get the shots on target and is one chance a game really good enough for a striker?

• Site Supporter
Two answers to that IMO:

1) enough to have scored more goals than he has

2) isn't part of a forwards job to create his own chances

This may surprise a few but I am a little more encouraged with Elmander so far. The two 'real' chances he has had to score this season he has got into the channel but dragged his shot past the far post. I can't recall him getting into similar space in the penalty area for most of the second half of last season. Still poor to not get the shots on target and is one chance a game really good enough for a striker?

i think he's look far more sharp this season, and just needs a goal to kickstart him.

he's never going to be prolific, but if he gets into double figures i guess thats a start...

but is 10 goals enough for ?8m?

Guest Frandsen08

if he ever does go to a prem side and leeds want 7mill for him (mad money but in this day and age) its probably gunna 3.5 or 4 mill upfront with loads of clauses which will probably push it to 6 or 7

not sure if he's worth it though

Last year of his contract isn't it? I'd be amazed if a striker with no experience in the Premiership (has he any experience in the Championship?) and in the final year of his contract cost ?7M :blink:

Ultimately, can he do any worse that what we have currently got? Since nobody has scored any as yet the answer has got to be no.

Depends how much money is in the kitty but I'd probably offer ?3M - ?4M and see (it really is bloody Monopoly money at the minute - thinking ?3M for a striker with no Premiership experience is a good deal :o :o :o)

• Site Supporter

Beckford only has 1 year left on his contract but Leeds have said they are prepared to let this run down and let him go

at the end of the season on a free transfer. They see him as a major player in push for automatic promotion, they will not

sell him for this reason. So whether or not he would be a good signing is irrelevant as he will not be sold.

Beckford only has 1 year left on his contract but Leeds have said they are prepared to let this run down and let him go

at the end of the season on a free transfer. They see him as a major player in push for automatic promotion, they will not

sell him for this reason. So whether or not he would be a good signing is irrelevant as he will not be sold.

I think we've all heard this before in an attempt to push up the fee before the window closes :)

Proof of the pudding will be if someone (either us or another team looking for a striker) put in a decent offer before the deadline.

• Site Supporter
I think we've all heard this before in an attempt to push up the fee before the window closes :)

Proof of the pudding will be if someone (either us or another team looking for a striker) put in a decent offer before the deadline.

I agree, Leeds could well be saying this to up his transfer value. But if he scores 25+ goals in League One and they get promoted

in the long-term this would be better for club then receiving ?5-6 million for him now and not getting promoted.

I agree, Leeds could well be saying this to up his transfer value. But if he scores 25+ goals in League One and they get promoted

in the long-term this would be better for club then receiving ?5-6 million for him now and not getting promoted.

That's the gamble isn't it :) if he scores 25+ goals and they just miss out again they are in League One next season but will have lost one of their most saleable assets for nothing.

Stick or twist - Leeds have a decent history of twisting so you might well be right :D :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.