Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Name’s Bond

globaldiver

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Not quite. It's a 10mm pitch, so centre-to-centre. That sort of resolution is used on most High Definition LED signs that are viewed from a distance of 10 metres or more.

Right, still seems a lot for some sort of high Res device but this is something I know fuck all about

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Zico said:

Right, still seems a lot for some sort of high Res device but this is something I know fuck all about

I also know fuck all about it, but I'm sure ADI do. They install screens for venues all over the world, including Wembley, and most Premier League stadiums.

Edited by Cheese

45 minutes ago, Cheese said:

The club ARE doing those things. The Supporters Trust are just doing a bit extra, and anyone getting involved is doing so completely voluntarily. It's not "pulling on the heart strings" to ask for another screen in the FanZone, or whatever they end up spending it on. Like I said, I don't know why they bother.

Probably so they can be all chummy with the club and play at director. Because they certainly don’t disclose what they spunk the money on but do manage to attend all the glitzy events

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Big E said:

Probably so they can be all chummy with the club and play at director. Because they certainly don’t disclose what they spunk the money on but do manage to attend all the glitzy events

Did one of them run over your dog or something?

I'm with @Big E on this one. 

If the Fanzone needs money spending on it, then those benefiting from the revenue generated by said Fanzone should pay for it.

If your local wanted to build a beer garden to increase trade in the summer, would you chip in to the building costs?

24 minutes ago, Big E said:

image.jpeg.77a7fb65795c3e2b5a8b69f292b6acdc.jpeg

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

I'm with @Big E on this one. 

If the Fanzone needs money spending on it, then those benefiting from the revenue generated by said Fanzone should pay for it.

If your local wanted to build a beer garden to increase trade in the summer, would you chip in to the building costs?

No, but if one of the other regulars wanted to chip in, that's up to them. I just wouldn't get involved, rather than complain about it and call the landlord a corrupt wanker.

42 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Did one of them run over your dog or something?

No but they will never answer questions and had very questionable folk involved early on so I am not 100% of their motives 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Big E said:

No but they will never answer questions and had very questionable folk involved early on so I am not 100% of their motives 

Who were the 'questionable folk' involved early on?

Struck off solicitor. Around the time they’re trust trying to secure the club. All ropey. IMO. 

Anyway I’ve just had my 24 hour blood pressure monitor fitted so I will accept the trust are amazing and we should be begging for money from every angle. I mean we wouldn’t think it was pathetic if Wigan or similar did it would we. 

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Big E said:

Struck off solicitor. Around the time they’re trust trying to secure the club. All ropey. IMO. 

Anyway I’ve just had my 24 hour blood pressure monitor fitted so I will accept the trust are amazing and we should be begging for money from every angle. I mean we wouldn’t think it was pathetic if Wigan or similar did it would we. 

Found the fella you're talking about. It's Allanson, not Allonson. Here's a statement from the Supporters Trust from May, 2019:

Further to the announcement from the SRA that they have suspended Roger Allanson from his legal profession, it is confirmed that Roger has recently stepped down from his co-opted board position with the BWFCST and from his role of director with the CIC.

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Found the fella you're talking about. It's Allanson, not Allonson. Here's a statement from the Supporters Trust from May, 2019:

Further to the announcement from the SRA that they have suspended Roger Allanson from his legal profession, it is confirmed that Roger has recently stepped down from his co-opted board position with the BWFCST and from his role of director with the CIC.

He was a crook and went on TV denouncing our previous owner for a lack of financial transparency and or being a crook.

Whilst he was right in what he was saying, it was all a bit ironic.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Traf said:

He was a crook and went on TV denouncing our previous owner for a lack of financial transparency and or being a crook.

Whilst he was right in what he was saying, it was all a bit ironic.

Well it looks like he was given sharp shrift by the Supporters Trust as soon as his misdemeanors came to light - more than 4 years ago - so it's a bit strange that people are still using it as a stick to beat them with.

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Well it looks like he was given sharp shrift by the Supporters Trust as soon as his misdemeanors came to light - more than 4 years ago - so it's a bit strange that people are still using it as a stick to beat them with.

I don't think they are, I think @Big E was saying that he couldn't trust the Trust when they first set up under Allanson and they've done little/nothing to change his mind since.

14 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I believe their original investigation claimed he was innocent 

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Traf said:

I don't think they are, I think @Big E was saying that he couldn't trust the Trust when they first set up under Allanson and they've done little/nothing to change his mind since.

Especially when they claim most of their money is being spent on the website and social media presence 

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

Especially when they claim most of their money is being spent on the website and social media presence 

image.png.04ff97d495481a21d31afe263abe9e06.png

£1,766 spent on generating voluntary income of £7,747 ie 23p in the £
£3,000 on event costs that brought in £1,400?
Website maintenance, development, operation & social media support of £24,072 over two years accounting for 78.6% of total income.

Aye, all seems above board to me.